Do I have a duff T6?

pg78

Hey
So I have a T6 (registered Oct 2018).
Purchased through Starlight Campers, via VW Used Commercial dealership in Colindale NorthWest London. Camper conversion completed.
Van came to us with 29290 miles, full VE service history, and 1 year Used Warranty and we’ve had the van since late Oct last year.
Around Christmas time last year we started getting intermittent starting problems which our local VW dealership corrected under warranty. They replaced the fuel pressure sensor. They also identified a crank seal oil leak which they wouldn’t warranty. After much wrangling we managed to get the Colindale dealership to take the van back and fix the crank seal leak on goodwill.
All good…
Anyways we’ve recently had the brake wear warning lights come on but our pads are fine, the intermittent starting problem has started up again, we also have the oil light flashing amber (oil level sensor I believe), and the stop start system says it has an error. Van has gone back in to local VW dealership to investigate under warranty which runs out early Oct.
My question is… do I have a duff van? Obviously, it’s a difficult question but I’ve owned plenty of vehicles over my years and never had so many issues in such a short space of time. I’ve but had the van a year yet and I’m getting concerned.

Can't speak to whether it's duff, but at least these issues have arisen whilst under warranty.

Do you have a split charge system. I bet the negative are is connected to the battery post and not the van body. This will 100% cause starting issues.

Do you have a split charge system. I bet the negative are is connected to the battery post and not the van body. This will 100% cause starting issues.
I believe so.
Have to check the neg.
Starting wise, it always turns over fine, it just messes around firing up. Sometimes goes dirt time and other times takes and few goes. No pattern. Haven’t had an issue since the fuel pressure sensor was changed back in Feb.

They all sound like simple individual things.
My brake light kept coming on intermittently and after a bit of faffing I found a wire into the plug for the sensor cable was broken. Easy fix.
Personally, if it’s all getting sorted under warranty I wouldn’t worry about it.

They all sound like simple individual things.
My brake light kept coming on intermittently and after a bit of faffing I found a wire into the plug for the sensor cable was broken. Easy fix.
Personally, if it’s all getting sorted under warranty I wouldn’t worry about it.
Cheers. The starting thing is the one that’s giving me nightmares as I have heard horror stories of degrading fuel pumps dumping swarf into the system and then huge bills to fix

Cheers. The starting thing is the one that’s giving me nightmares as I have heard horror stories of degrading fuel pumps dumping swarf into the system and then huge bills to fix
It takes contamination or running it dry to damage a fuel pump, there are hundreds of thousands running without issues.
Make sure whoever's working on the van is qualified, has a proven good track record and the workshop standards are high, fuel pump and injector clearances are mere microns.
Never use the fuel from the old fuel filter to prime the new filter.
If you ever use a fuel can make sure it’s spotlessly clean.

It takes contamination or running it dry to damage a fuel pump, there are hundreds of thousands running without issues.
Make sure whoever's working on the van is qualified, has a proven good track record and the workshop standards are high, fuel pump and injector clearances are mere microns.
Never use the fuel from the old fuel filter to prime the new filter.
If you ever use a fuel can make sure it’s spotlessly clean.
It’s in with VW dealer service centre for all the issues stated so we’ll see

Back