DIY ambient lighting

Dear God..... It's a thing of beauty! I need to crack on with fitting my puddle light kit. Do you think I could run both? Honestly.... If I had the ability, mine would be lit up like a 4 wheeled brothel..... Love ambient lighting! Top class mate! :thumbsup:

Dear God..... It's a thing of beauty! I need to crack on with fitting my puddle light kit. Do you think I could run both? Honestly.... If I had the ability, mine would be lit up like a 4 wheeled brothel..... Love ambient lighting! Top class mate! :thumbsup:
I’m planning on doing both, should be doing it now but decided to clear out the shed instead. I think I need to reprioritise!!

I’m planning on doing both, should be doing it now but decided to clear out the shed instead. I think I need to reprioritise!!
I just looked on ebay and those led kits are out of stock.... Ah well.... You snooze, you lose! Let us know how you get on. At least I can dream! Right.... Better go cut some more grass.... Such is my rock n roll lifestyle! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Here are my lights. Made up the loom etc myself. 6 LEDs in each door (2 white and 4 red). Also fitted mirror down lights. All work perfectly well.

00ACE781-81E5-4F6F-8840-E39D72EAE363.jpeg

CDCAB016-50A0-4E56-B251-913CA98B7410.jpeg

That is superb! Are the red and white lights running off the ambient circuit? Also did you use any resistors to reduce the brightness?
Yes, running off the ambient circuit - come on with the lights and adjustable with the dimmer.
The LEDs have built-in resistors and bought from eBay.

Think I’m going to give this a go this weekend. I’ve got all the resistors, connectors, clips and LEDs now. I just need to get some wire for it all. What size / rating wire are you guys using?

Cheers

Think I’m going to give this a go this weekend. I’ve got all the resistors, connectors, clips and LEDs now. I just need to get some wire for it all. What size / rating wire are you guys using?

Cheers
0.5mm or thicker will be fine

Looks like a very even light, whereabouts did you put the LEDs?

There are two in each pocket. One on each side, in the side walls. They are as close to the front as possible to hide them from line of sight and they are about an inch up from the bottom.

In the daylight, with the lights on of course, you can’t see any red at all and I was thinking they were going to be too dim. But as soon as it got darker they came into their own and are just the right brightness to give a great effect without being too distracting.

IMG-20200609-WA0006.jpegIMG_20200608_182925.jpg
This is the loom I made up in June during lockdown. Only remembered last night when I had to turn the lights on! :D
Need the overhead ambient set now....

I do @saxoboy cheers mate. Just need a job and then I'm gonna have to do the mod to the plug to make it fit.
It'll look awesome with the pockets lit too.

I have a set of Caravelle door cards coming so defo going down the lighting route. Think they may already have some but not sure if they would be LED or not.

Back