Disabling the Stop Start with VCDS

The problem is they can cut some of the strands of multistrand wire, so theres no visible damage and the connection tests ok,
but on the reduced number of strands the connection isnt capable of carrying its full current capacity.
The stop/start switch is just signal levels though, its not switching any 'power' as such
afro.gif

Cheers
Phil

did anyone work out the coding yet, it must be possible to see the before and after coding change and then copy with VCDS??

It’s not coding, I have scanned mine before and after disabling stop start (using VCP) and there was no change to any coding or adaptions
The only noticeable change on the VCDS scan was one of the readiness bits in module 01 (engine) had flipped
Original scan = 0 0 0 0 0
New scan = 0 0 0 0 1

It’s not coding, I have scanned mine before and after disabling stop start (using VCP) and there was no change to any coding or adaptions
The only noticeable change on the VCDS scan was one of the readiness bits in module 01 (engine) had flipped
Original scan = 0 0 0 0 0
New scan = 0 0 0 0 1
that's a bummer then, I have a VAG CAN that turns off ESP in Golf 5 in a similar way, the software is terrible though!

That's an interesting one @Lar79 - does that just put the voltage a bit higher or what?

Hi all i went into
61 battery reg
Adaption 13
Changed to 002066
Using vag-com/vcds

Works fine in my 2018 t6 Australian version,
Still has start stop indicator with line through on instruments
but i can live with that.
Fantastic stuff cheers

I await any more info you have Tony, thanks. Also if you find a way of stopping the re-gen charging. I don't like hearing the AC fan speed going up every time you lift off the accelerator and back down when you press the accelerator again. The voltage goes from 12v to 15v.

However I was so fed up with it I fitted a nice little memory device bought on eBay for £28.99. See item 322352078637 by seller idegencris.
You connect it to the back of the switch. It is only three wires and he even confirmed the method for removal of the switch and the wiring. Which ever position you decide to leave it in, it will remember that for the next start so you can have it as normal stop/starting or if you turn it off it will do that 4 seconds after the next time you turn the ignition on.
The radio trim needs to be removed in order to push stop/start switch out. The switch comes out easily but the radio trim was tight but I can advise where the catches/lugs are so you know where to pull it. I then pulled to harness out through the opening left at the side of the radio to work on it. I backed the three wires out of the plug as that way I could finish it off with heat shrink and then push the pins back in. I do tried to add a picture of it and the picture the seller gave me explaining the switch removal. He also told me the wires are connected as such (I did confirm and luckily they are all on one side of the connector).

(Module -- Car)
BLUE -- Brown/Black (signal)
RED -- Black (acc/ignition)
BROWN -- Brown (Gnd)

The finish off this little device is absolutely brilliant.

Many thanks for posting - I have had the module since ordering the van - this is the first thing that I have done to it. A bit daunting taking a brand spanking new van apart!

Last edited by a moderator:
That method doesn’t work on the T6, I did it successfully on my Touareg.
But, We can already do it on our vans, did you read the topic?
Override Start Stop System

Last edited:
I see the workaround via the voltage setting but the audi one was more direct and could be set to 3 different options.

I found this blog entry here Audi Start / Stop Memory Function - Advanced In-Car Technologies that gives details on how to do it on an audi, can anyone say if it is transferrable to VW?

I have done this successfully on Audi A4 & A5. Basicly all you need to do is, go to central electronics, perform security access with 20113 and then in adaptation add 32 to existing value at channel 34.

Works like a charm, SS switch memorises it's last state. Very handy and very practical.

Reactions: mmi
Now Updated:

NEW! Start Stop Memory module with SERVICE MODE! / Start-Stop SSA memory

NEW! Start Stop Memory module with SERVICE MODE! / Start-Stop SSA memory | eBay

Capture.JPG

IF YOU BUY IT, PLEASE LEFT A NOTE
(What car do you have, or which version do you want. PLUS or MINUS)
Thank you!

NEW Firmware with Service Mode!

How it works:

The new service mode:
If the car is new, and don't want to worry about what happens if the car is going in
service, you can switch completely off the unit, after this is hidden for everyone.
Looks like the unit is uninstalled from car. Invisible for any car- diagnostic aswell.

The Start-Stop system is always active when you start the car.
Even if it is disabled, with new car start it reactivates automatically.

With this memory module if the Start-Stop system is deactivated,
it stays disabled until it is activated by the driver again!
If Start-Stop system is activated again, it stays activated until it is deactivated by the driver.

If you have a car with start-stop function, and don't want to auto-shut-off the engine every
time, because it's bad for starter motor, battery, turbo, and ect.. (very expensive the
starter motor) here is the solution! This unit is memorising the state of
start-stop (it was ON, or OFF), and when you starting the engine next time, automatically
activate the start-stop function itself, but this unit backing up the last state.

• If last time was OFF: --> After start the engine, the unit wait 2 second, and
"virtually pushing the factory button" to switch the system OFF again.

• If last time was ON: --> Do nothing.., because the car automatically
switching on/ activate the start-stop function.

Why good this solution?
• After install: The Start-Stop system is still switchable!
NO void the car warranty(!!), and with new Service Mode, hidden are from service!
NO need to touch the Engine ECU and flash, and anything...
(if switched off in ECU, after you cannot switched back to On yourself.)

NO need to cut anything, just need to connect 3 wires.

Back