Disabling the Stop Start with VCDS

Does anyone know if Carista alters the 'bits' when selecting options as in it could undo some alterations done with VCDS?

I await any more info you have Tony, thanks. Also if you find a way of stopping the re-gen charging. I don't like hearing the AC fan speed going up every time you lift off the accelerator and back down when you press the accelerator again. The voltage goes from 12v to 15v.

However I was so fed up with it I fitted a nice little memory device bought on eBay for £28.99. See item 322352078637 by seller idegencris.
You connect it to the back of the switch. It is only three wires and he even confirmed the method for removal of the switch and the wiring. Which ever position you decide to leave it in, it will remember that for the next start so you can have it as normal stop/starting or if you turn it off it will do that 4 seconds after the next time you turn the ignition on.
The radio trim needs to be removed in order to push stop/start switch out. The switch comes out easily but the radio trim was tight but I can advise where the catches/lugs are so you know where to pull it. I then pulled to harness out through the opening left at the side of the radio to work on it. I backed the three wires out of the plug as that way I could finish it off with heat shrink and then push the pins back in. I do tried to add a picture of it and the picture the seller gave me explaining the switch removal. He also told me the wires are connected as such (I did confirm and luckily they are all on one side of the connector).

(Module -- Car)
BLUE -- Brown/Black (signal)
RED -- Black (acc/ignition)
BROWN -- Brown (Gnd)

The finish off this little device is absolutely brilliant.

View attachment 14279 View attachment 14280

Thank you so much for this @gembleto very helpful.

How do you figure out whether you need a Plus or Minus (as s/he appropriately terms it!)? Is it a case of taking the dash off & measuring?

I have other VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda vehicles I'd like to fit this to so would be good to work out a rule of thumb!

In not 100% sure what you mean but the dash switch is a momentary switch returning a negative signal to the BCM
As a general rule of thumb Any cable that is Brown is a perm negative and anything that is brown with a coloured stripe is some form of switched negative

In not 100% sure what you mean but the dash switch is a momentary switch returning a negative signal to the BCM
As a general rule of thumb Any cable that is Brown is a perm negative and anything that is brown with a coloured stripe is some form of switched negative
The eBay listing says:-

"PLEASE LEAVE A NOTE what car do you have, or which version do you want. (PLUS or MINUS) Thank you!"

I was just wondering how one determins which (Plus or Minus) a T6 or any other vehicle requires!

From memory I thought it was Positive switching but best way is to ask the seller as I did and he told me what I needed.
I can't fault the unit or the seller.

I'd be interested to hear if he had managed to disable ad blue, something that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

If anyone is thinking of using the little 'dongle' thing mentioned earlier in this thread then I 100% suggest using something like these for the connections:- Wire Connectors

(Will make your life a million times easier on this job!)

If anyone is thinking of using the little 'dongle' thing mentioned earlier in this thread then I 100% suggest using something like these for the connections:- Wire Connectors

(Will make your life a million times easier on this job!)
I know they make life easy but I hate them as it is really easy to damage the main conductor.

Back