Disabling the Stop Start with VCDS

Just to put it out there again if anyone around the Plymouth area wants this disabled via software I can do it for you (for free) and will be at Bala/Camperjam/busfest etc this year and can do it there also
As it is genuinely disabled, I assume there is no yellow light on the switch and no (A)indication on MFD either?

I fitted the module months ago as I described in detail on Page 1 of this discussion and I have never thought about it since. It is wonderful and fairly easy to do.

Reactions: mmi
As it is genuinely disabled, I assume there is no yellow light on the switch and no (A)indication on MFD either?
If disabled via software everything stays exactly the same, button appears as it does now but the startstop symbol on dash always has the line through it showing its inactive

Reactions: mmi
Just to put it out there again if anyone around the Plymouth area wants this disabled via software I can do it for you (for free) and will be at Bala/Camperjam/busfest etc this year and can do it there also

I’m gonna hunt you down at one of these events Pauly and pay you in beer tokens.

Oh, one other thing for all those Stop Start fans please read the article by Autocar (link provided below or just go to Autocar and search for it).
Stop-Start Technology: Is it bad for my engine?

I intend to keep this van for a few years and probably out of my 5 year factory warranty. I kept my old 2003 T5 right up to this year.
PS Just for info I am a retired engineer from Jaguar Land Rover Power Train development and as far as I am concerned stop start is the work of the devil.
Whitley or Gaydon?

I backed the three wires out of the plug as that way I could finish it off with heat shrink and then push the pins back in. I do tried to add a picture of it and the picture the seller gave me explaining the switch removal. He also told me the wires are connected as such (I did confirm and luckily they are all on one side of the connector).

Hi, I have fitted one of these memory modules and it works well. My plan was to solder and heat shrink the connections as you did but I could not see how to remove the pins/wires from the connector body. I ended up using scotchloc wire tap connectors. It works but it looks terrible so I would redo the connection if could find how to remove the pins/wires from the body so I could slip the shrink tube over. Can anyone advise how to do this?

Hi Rob, I am not a vehicle electrician but usually the anti back-out is accessed from the pin end. You usually need a very small watch maker type flat blade screwdriver or even a straitened paperclip usually manages. If you look close with a magnifier at the pin end you will see which side of the pin the anti back-out tab is and then push the screwdriver in to release it and at the same time pull the pin out. Remember to make a note of the pin layout first, a photo is a good idea. Once you have done one you will realise it is quite easy to do.
I hope that helps Rob.

Hi Rob, I am not a vehicle electrician but usually the anti back-out is accessed from the pin end. You usually need a very small watch maker type flat blade screwdriver or even a straitened paperclip usually manages. If you look close with a magnifier at the pin end you will see which side of the pin the anti back-out tab is and then push the screwdriver in to release it and at the same time pull the pin out. Remember to make a note of the pin layout first, a photo is a good idea. Once you have done one you will realise it is quite easy to do.
I hope that helps Rob.

Thanks, yes it did, it gave me guidance and reassurance, I know from bad experience how delicate these things can be, all done now though and much neater. I used a small safety pin in the slot above the connector pin hole. See photo.
Thanks again for initially bringing the device to the forums attention and for replying to me so promptly.

0A34906D-1CD3-4DA4-8624-50A4AA932CA2.jpeg

www.advanced-incar.co.uk are doing my stop/start on Tuesday, I'm not sure how they do it but they fitted my Ghost and are fitting a DAB aerial and offered to disable the stop/start f.o.c as a T6 guinea pig.

:cool:

So this is now possible by any VCDS user?

Could also add BPW early June and FOD late August
If you know you know :sneaky:

I'm goimg to Camperjam on the 8th, the rest I'm either away or work booked in already.

Had mine disabled today at Advanced Incar, not sure what software they use, but a laptop was connected and 2 minutes later it was all done. :cool:

Back