Disabling the Stop Start with VCDS

Just purchased one of these as im trying to keep the engine on for longer to keep the battery's charged,

so its more annoying having to keep pressing the button to switch it off all the time.

NEW! Start Stop Memory module with SERVICE MODE! / Start-Stop SSA memory

Interestingly, my start stop kicked in today whilst waiting at the station, because the outside temp reached zero, so I now understand the 2 values in that adaption block..

Cool.

What's the deal With The 2 values then?.

In normal (before I changed it) the values are both zero so it made no sense. Then I changed the second value to 50 and it has not kicked in until today so they must represent the up to and not until values. Set both to zero and you have an all the time scenario.

Why not just include one press of the stop/start button in the Ghost sequence?

I'm not sure Ghost can use buttons other than on the steering wheel? The install guys mentioned something about Ghost being programmed at the factory/distributor for a specific vehicle, on the T6 they've only programmed Ghost to accept steering wheel inputs I think was the general idea?

I think Ghost can use the stop start button and the heated screen button, it's just a PITA to lean across and press them.

looks like they have wired up both options for you. --- positive applied and negative applied . . . . . (for the switching input)

if you look at the pic of mine above (with one blue wire and a spare solder pad for the 4th wire) its the blue wire right next to the red wire . ..

so just use the first 3 wires . . . brown/red/blue (ignore the 4th blue wire and tape up)

look at the pics above.

In normal (before I changed it) the values are both zero so it made no sense. Then I changed the second value to 50 and it has not kicked in until today so they must represent the up to and not until values. Set both to zero and you have an all the time scenario.

Hi Loz, so what value did u fill in and TEST it? So it -50 , 50 ??? Starndard from the factory it was -50, -50..... cheers

I fitted a nice little memory device bought on eBay for £28.99. See item 322352078637 by seller idegencris.
You connect it to the back of the switch. It is only three wires and he even confirmed the method for removal of the switch and the wiring. Which ever position you decide to leave it in, it will remember that for the next start so you can have it as normal stop/starting or if you turn it off it will do that 4 seconds after the next time you turn the ignition on.
The radio trim needs to be removed in order to push stop/start switch out. The switch comes out easily but the radio trim was tight but I can advise where the catches/lugs are so you know where to pull it. I then pulled to harness out through the opening left at the side of the radio to work on it. I backed the three wires out of the plug as that way I could finish it off with heat shrink and then push the pins back in. I do tried to add a picture of it and the picture the seller gave me explaining the switch removal. He also told me the wires are connected as such (I did confirm and luckily they are all on one side of the connector).

(Module -- Car)
BLUE -- Brown/Black (signal)
RED -- Black (acc/ignition)
BROWN -- Brown (Gnd)

I fitted mine today. Thanks for the tutorial @gembleto!

Back