Disabling start/stop radar link

Fazzybear75

Can the link between start/stop and the radar be disabled?

In traffic my t6.1 starts up when the vehicle in front moves, even if its only a few inches, I’m then sat there with the engine on for no reason. My Passat only re-starts when I depress the clutch, which I prefer.

I love the new stop start on the T6.1.

I'm used to the normal T6 setup.

When I had a T6.1 for a few weeks it was a revelation... I wish I could upgrade the T6 to the new version.

I love the new stop start on the T6.1.

I'm used to the normal T6 setup.

When I had a T6.1 for a few weeks it was a revelation... I wish I could upgrade the T6 to the new version.
Im happy with the start/stop function in the 6.1, I just don’t like the way the engine restarts if the radar detects motion.

Im happy with the start/stop function in the 6.1, I just don’t like the way the engine restarts if the radar detects motion.
That's the best bit for me... A brilliant featur.

I can be checking out the surroundings and the van starts just at the perfect time.

I can't answer your question, but I wonder if anything can be done in the adaptation channels to change the threshold that triggers the re-start.

I quite like it too but I have a DSG which suits it much better IMO
Same, DSG.

Would love to retrofit to the T6.... But don't know if that's possible.

... I wish I could upgrade the T6 to the new version.
I assume that you are referring to ACC behaviour after performing FTS on a T6?
If so, then a very time limited improvement can be achieved by adjusting radar(13) coding.
Basically, if the stop after ACC FTS takes a second or so, the ACC cruising is not being interrupted, and it remains active.
It works almost like a "Stop and Go" ACC on an MQB.

I assume that you are referring to ACC behaviour after performing FTS on a T6?
If so, then a very time limited improvement can be achieved by adjusting radar(13) coding.
Basically, if the stop after ACC FTS takes a second or so, the ACC cruising is not being interrupted, and it remains active.
It works almost like a "Stop and Go" ACC on an MQB.
ooh, that sounds interesting.

can you do a new thread and walk through on how to do it? "T6 Stop & Go"?

Back