Worrying Clunk noise when starting the engine

Craigshezza

Hello everyone, not sure if anyone has had this issue but it is worrying me. I have a 2016 T6 102 startline. Everytime I start the engine I get an initial clunk when the engine starts, then the engine runs fine. Then today I was in traffic with start/stop active. I depressed the clutch to move off and the engine started to turn over, stopped for a split second and then started. I turned start/stop off for the rest of the journey to make sure I got home.
It's done 96k with good history, had cam belt, water pump, belt tensioner, erg valve done. Any ideas on what it could be please. Thanks

Check your air filter box. Mine had the grommet come out that holds it to the inner wing. Luckily I found it laying underneath the air box!! It did used to make a really loud knock on start up but popped it back in and it sorted it. Hopefully something simple bud

Check your air filter box. Mine had the grommet come out that holds it to the inner wing. Luckily I found it laying underneath the air box!! It did used to make a really loud knock on start up but popped it back in and it sorted it. Hopefully something simple bud
I'll have a look, cheers Snowy

Back