ACC Error and engine won’t start

Georgeo

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just had a strange situation. Tried to start the van (Beach 2019 DSG 22k miles) the engine kept turning over but would not start I had let go of the key but engin was still trying to start the mfd had an ACC Error on it. Tried a few times as one does no change engine turned but kept on turning when key was released. So I got out waggled and wiped the radar ( it was clean and solid). Took off the hand brake and let the van move a few inches. It started fine. Any ideas?

Just had a strange situation. Tried to start the van (Beach 2019 DSG 22k miles) the engine kept turning over but would not start I had let go of the key but engin was still trying to start the mfd had an ACC Error on it. Tried a few times as one does no change engine turned but kept on turning when key was released. So I got out waggled and wiped the radar ( it was clean and solid). Took off the hand brake and let the van move a few inches. It started fine. Any ideas?
If the engine is continuing to turn over when you’ve released the key, it sounds like a starter switch problem.

Thats normal, all vans will crank on their own until engine start, even my transit work van does it

If you get a fail to start situation just turn the key back and it will stop cranking

Thats normal, all vans will crank on their own until engine start, even my transit work van does it

If you get a fail to start situation just turn the key back and it will stop cranking
Thanks @Pauly that’s good to know. I will look for fault codes later as well ( Mother’s Day makes playing with the van difficult).

I didn’t know that. So you can release the key from the “start” position, and the engine will continue to crank until it starts? What happens if it doesn’t start?

I didn’t know that. So you can release the key from the “start” position, and the engine will continue to crank until it starts? What happens if it doesn’t start?
good question. I didn’t let it continue for more than a few seconds before I turned the key back. But this is new to me as I have always had cars till the Beach.

Hello, I am new to the forum so don’t know if I’ll get any answers.
I have a 2019 Caravelle, DSG, 30k miles, which won’t start on occasions.
It will turn over and continue to do so even if I take my hand off the key, but won’t fire up.
Had been blaming the start stop function, but a friend checked for error codes today when the car had refused to start again and it brought up this. Error 03304, right rear door closing condition.
Could the doors not closing properly cause the vehicle not to start?
Maybe a coincidence but when the fault was cleared the car started?
Thanks everyone in advance

IMG_8022.jpeg

If it’s continuing to crank even when you let go of the key, it sounds like a dodgy ignition switch tbh.

The door message won’t be related to engine start, that’s a really common code and appears on most vans that get scanned it’s caused by a door closing and not fully latching

All vans will crank without holding the key, it’s normal
Have you tried it on your van ?

All vans will crank without holding the key, it’s normal
Have you tried it on your van ?
Tried it, but it starts on the first turn, so I don't get chance to let go of the key to see if it continues to crank.

this is not entirely true! Euro5 cars do not have this function, only cars with Star-stop function have this function
All T6 do it, all T6 have stop/start as far as I’m aware (at least in the UK anyway) including my early 65 plate euro5 T6 that would crank without the key

Back