Diesel Hob Vs Gas Hob.

The fan runs all the time either cooking or heating mode and in cool down / warm up cycle.

The lid fan doesn't run all the time i don't think. Only when in heating mode. ...... afraid i will need to check this out, maybe tomorrow.

The fan runs all the time either cooking or heating mode and in cool down / warm up cycle.

The lid fan doesn't run all the time i don't think. Only when in heating mode. ...... afraid i will need to check this out, maybe tomorrow.
Cheers the more you talk about it the clearer it becomes I think I was confusing the sound of combustion fan which runs from the second you power on till it cools down and switches off ,with the air being blown over the plates with the lid down to create the heater.

Ours runs all the time, only difference I have noticed with either lid up or down is when it has reached temperature and reduces the combustion.

Ours runs all the time, only difference I have noticed with either lid up or down is when it has reached temperature and reduces the combustion.
Yes once up to heat mine would use less fuel and amps. If using it on the lower of the two available settings with the lid down an heating the vehicle it would be very economical.

so when you turn the hob heat up or down is it like an electric hob where there can be quite a delay for it to heat or cook? - gas is fairly instant

That's correct. There is a delay similar to using an electric hob but you soon get used to that.
It's not a problem when using the system for heating as you'll probably find you'll only need to keep it on the lowest setting.

so when you turn the hob heat up or down is it like an electric hob where there can be quite a delay for it to heat or cook? - gas is fairly instant
As La Dodgy Vita says " There is a delay similar to using an electric hob but you soon get used to that"
I find its getting use to the delay in how you do things. ie turn it on, then fill the kettle etc etc, just take your time. Its good to know that you dont run out of gas, but you do need to keep an eye on your diesel tank level.

is the heater side if it fairly quiet or do you have a annoying fan buzzing away? does it have a room thermostat or do you just leave on low?

Sorry for the delay in responding - been away.
There's a very quiet fan sound - more of a hum than a buzz.
Yes, there is a thermostat but I think you'll find you'll only need the lowest setting most nights

Sorry I have no idea what’s happing with the pictures, but hopefully it gives you an idea of the Webasto hob I fitted . To my van.
I'm about to order one but the cooler box looks different to the instructions I've seen the removable panel was at the front.

Back