Plenty of almost new / delivery milage Davenport / Conti‘s for sale online, circa 450-600, then sell your old wheels, going price seems to be about 60 as individuals.
Generally you end up with newer wheels so the finish is better and effectively cheaper tyres.
Just a case of finding something close or without a special trip.
I agree, my issue which I haven't made very clear, is people spending many tens of thousands on a T6 then trying to save a hundred quid on the four bits of rubber that could save their life. I never consider price when buying tyres, if I was bothered I'd have bought a cheaper van instead.

I'd be looking at something like these in your position, 235 55 17 is fitted by VW and gives the same rolling radius, mine came on continentals from new and I couldn't wait to get them off.

I'd be looking at something like these in your position, 235 55 17 is fitted by VW and gives the same rolling radius, mine came on continentals from new and I couldn't wait to get them off.
Interesting !

I’m my also interested in the difference between contivan contact 200 and contivan eco .. I’m not sure which the supplier that I quoted was referring to but I showed him what I already had and asked for the same which are contivan contact 200 .
A quick google search shows the contivan eco are a little less expensive … so will be interesting to see which ones I’ve been quoted £146 for

I agree, my issue which I haven't made very clear, is people spending many tens of thousands on a T6 then trying to save a hundred quid on the four bits of rubber that could save their life. I never consider price when buying tyres, if I was bothered I'd have bought a cheaper van instead.
I see, fair play. I don’t go the cheapest or the most expensive but what I do object to is paying more than I need to for the same product.
A few hundred here and there all adds up. Cornish blood I guess.

On the back of this thread… Nitrogen/air in tyres…last few time I’ve brought tyres I had Nitrogen put in….but that requires visits to my tyre dealer for free top ups…However I’ve always checked the vehicles levels/tyres prior to long journeys and towing in the past and so felt uneasy about trusting the tyres to stay at the correct pressure using Nitrogen….with the environment changing and extremes of weather we all now need to live with…is my faith misplaced…my guts say go back to the old system …Check and go back to air only… any thoughts

They are your only contact with the road….!

I see, fair play. I don’t go the cheapest or the most expensive but what I do object to is paying more than I need to for the same product.
A few hundred here and there all adds up. Cornish blood I guess.
I think we agree - if I want a premium tyre I want to buy that tyre as cheaply as I can. What I won't do is buy a cheap shyte tyre instead then wonder why I can't stop on a wet road.

On the back of this thread… Nitrogen/air in tyres…last few time I’ve brought tyres I had Nitrogen put in….but that requires visits to my tyre dealer for free top ups…However I’ve always checked the vehicles levels/tyres prior to long journeys and towing in the past and so felt uneasy about trusting the tyres to stay at the correct pressure using Nitrogen….with the environment changing and extremes of weather we all now need to live with…is my faith misplaced…my guts say go back to the old system …Check and go back to air only… any thoughts
I’m old school….air please!

I can remember my skint 16 year old self with my AP50 on the centre stand, engine running in gear with 5 hacksaw blades taped together cutting some centre tread in my very bald rear tyre.

If you drive a Formula 1 car it's definitely worth it. Otherwise........
It's a good way to keep you going back to the same depot while they put a squirt of air in your tyre and tell you it's nitrogen.
When I was offered the same I told them that the air in my tyres is 78% Nitrogen anyway.

I can remember my skint 16 year old self with my AP50 on the centre stand, engine running in gear with 5 hacksaw blades taped together cutting some centre tread in my very bald rear tyre.
Still got all your fingers?

I run 78% nitrogen most days like everybody else

Just can't believe the rubbish wear on Continentals!! Even the tyre fitters slated them.. so now have Goodyear f1's.. fingers crossed they'll last a lot longer!!

Back