Detachable Tow Bar On Lowered Van: Can It Be Seen?

kn0bby

T6 Guru
Hi Chaps..

As per the title. Looking for a Detachable Tow Bar.. My van is lowered on B14's, as low as it will go. Only to pull my track car 350kg trailer and a 500kgs car.

If I go for a detachable is the bar invisible?

Thanks.

Dave.

Hello Dave,

Our T6 has been lowered 30mm and we have a Thule detatcheable tow bar fitted.
Probably not the best photo but it's all I've got. All you can see is the cap.

Dave.

20190224_203344.jpg

Westfailia tow bars can't be seen when removed.
What car are you towing? My tailer is 700kg and the car is another 700kg.

Thank you for the replies.

I’d really like it not to be seen. Have you see the towtrust one?

It’s an MNR Vortx.

D34BF2EC-8F05-44F5-83B0-DA1C66756063.jpeg 29278D1F-52E3-42C8-800C-0BA56C41FA17.jpeg

I have a tow trust bar. You can't see it unless you get down on your knees.
IMG_6762.jpg

IMG_6761.jpg

IMG_6760.jpg

Same Westfalia here, the bar is invisible when removed but you can always see the electric plug, think you would need one like Deaky’s that moves up out of the way when not in use

image.jpg

Mine is as far down on b14’s as it can go, the bar doesn’t get anywhere near the floor.

How do you guys get on with a lowered van and towing. I have been told that the top of the towing ball has to be 380 - 450mm. My westfalia is 320 but as I only tow a small camping trailer its not too bad but towing something bigger the rear would be quite high.

Our van is lowered about 50mm on bilstein kit (18" alloys with 255/45 tyres). towing eye is just above the legal limit (about 420mm) when we dragged our eriba triton to france last year. We covered about 2k miles and I don't think i did my tyres any favours as they wore down much quicker than I expected. The towing experience was absolutely fine though.

Our van is lowered about 50mm on bilstein kit (18" alloys with 255/45 tyres). towing eye is just above the legal limit (about 420mm) when we dragged our eriba triton to france last year. We covered about 2k miles and I don't think i did my tyres any favours as they wore down much quicker than I expected. The towing experience was absolutely fine though.
Thanks for that. I think I would lift the ride height for towing a caravan if the opportunity arises.

I am going to get my van lifted as it sits to low when towing my caravan. I have a westfialia detachable one. Can you get a new tow ball to fit into it that is taller like a swan neck?. This means if it’s higher I don’t need to lift my van to much. Cheers

Like that!!!! Really like the tow trust product. Had one on my RS6.

I didn't think you could get a towbar fitted to an RS6. They wouldn't fit one on mine (C6)....:( That's why I had to buy a van in the first place...:rofl:

My van just looks to low. It’s a compromise as it drives lovely when I’m not towing and font really want to lift it to much so if I can get a higher tow bar attachment to lift it that would be good .

DE20C8F1-726F-4DDC-930F-F22E0ECABC6B.jpeg

Back