Dealer Won’t Change Spec

I missed that too, but got the exact same thing fitted afterwards for £500 :)
My dealer was very negative about having one fitted after market. I have spoken to a installer, he told me its find as they always use coding wiring and it does not effect your warranty !

My dealer was very negative about having one fitted after market. I have spoken to a installer, he told me its find as they always use coding wiring and it does not effect your warranty !

My fitter was the same, he knew exactly what bits were required and did it to the same spec as the factory, no cut wires etc.

Bit of an update. I told the dealer that I didn’t want the van unless I could add the LED option and that if nessacary I’ll lose the £1000 deposit and just re order a new van. Facing the prospect of trying to sell a highly specced van with rubbish headlights on the forecourt, they dealer emailed the factory and after a 4 day wait they have confirmed they will add the LED lights for me.

Bit of an update. I told the dealer that I didn’t want the van unless I could add the LED option and that if nessacary I’ll lose the £1000 deposit and just re order a new van. Facing the prospect of trying to sell a highly specced van with rubbish headlights on the forecourt, they dealer emailed the factory and after a 4 day wait they have confirmed they will add the LED lights for me.
Good for you, I would have done the same. :thumbsup:

You can change anything at "Status 10" because it only has a window of a build week. At "Status 20" its locked on to a week and cant be changed.

If you do add extra items at status 10, depending how long the vehicle has been ordered it can slip a few weeks from the original approx build week.

I cant understand why a salesman would not want to change an order, if they can.

By the way, i know this because I order vehicles all the time for VW passenger cars.

You can change anything at "Status 10" because it only has a window of a build week. At "Status 20" its locked on to a week and cant be changed.

If you do add extra items at status 10, depending how long the vehicle has been ordered it can slip a few weeks from the original approx build week.

I cant understand why a salesman would not want to change an order, if they can.

By the way, i know this because I order vehicles all the time for VW passenger cars.
Im pretty sure it wasn’t down to the salesman as the day before I added the window in the tailgate with no problem and at no cost, then the following day I couldn’t add a £1500 option which he would Ben getting commission on.

I couldn’t spend this much money and not be happy with the van
Yes same for me. We found going through all the options overwhelming, plus so much to think about the possible future use of the van too. Our only mistake was not ordering removable tow bar :( Selected everything else we wanted but in hindsight would hand gone we electric side opening / closing door now too.

I have the tow bar prep and power latching doors, I’m starting to think I should have gotten the tow bar now though!

I have the tow bar prep and power latching doors, I’m starting to think I should have gotten the tow bar now though!
Yeah, I went with power latching side door and tailgate 2 front swivel seats, full LED, dust seals, comfort dash, dsg side airbags.

Hahah I almost got the swivel seats too! But I chose to have the 4Motion and diff lock which are bloody expensive as well as the driver side sliding door, comfort dash, LED lights and some other bits so I had to draw the line somewhere. How long ago did you order yours? @VWROBERT as I don’t recall seeing the door seals on the list. Hopefully they are standard on a high line now?

exactly what @Tourershine said. When we order ours we were told we had couple of weeks to change our minds re: specs. I changed colour and added some extras 3 weeks after ordering van but before built date confirmation. Whoever took our order called Germany and sorted it out no bother!

That’s why it was so annoying, I only got my build date confirmed today?? I don’t understand what it was such a drama to add the LED’s especially considering how much more they would be earning

Hahah I almost got the swivel seats too! But I chose to have the 4Motion and diff lock which are bloomin expensive as well as the driver side sliding door, comfort dash, LED lights and some other bits so I had to draw the line somewhere. How long ago did you order yours? @VWROBERT as I don’t recall seeing the door seals on the list. Hopefully they are standard on a high line now?
Placed my order Last August 17 collected van 23 Nov 17. I heard they have dropped the option, mine is Highline model. I did not go for the drivers side door option as if used for a conversion it could be configured as a standard layout.

Placed my order Last August 17 collected van 23 Nov 17. I heard they have dropped the option, mine is Highline model. I did not go for the drivers side door option as if used for a conversion it could be configured as a standard layout.
I did think about that but I’m sure I’ll never convert it, I’m not actually sure whether it devalues it having twin sliders? In on hand it’s not ideal for conversion but on the other hand I guess it’s quite rare.

I did think about that but I’m sure I’ll never convert it, I’m not actually sure whether it devalues it having twin sliders? In on hand it’s not ideal for conversion but on the other hand I guess it’s quite rare.
I will not be converting mine either as bought it on a pcp and will be handing it back in 3 years.

Back