Dealer Won’t Change Spec

Jimmi

Television Lighting Engineer
T6 Guru
I ordered my van 2 weeks ago and still don’t have a confirmed build date. After doing some reading on here this morning I emailed the dealer and asked him to add the LED head lights as I do lots of night driving. He replied saying the system won’t let him make any changes and he was “locked out”.
As I don’t have a build date this seems like typical dealer bs to me.
Any ideas on how to deal with this, or do I revert to type and lose my sh!t.

I feel your pain!.I had the same issue with mine,loada b****x if you ask me...:mad:

Did you resolve it or did you bite the bullet? He’s told me I can get it done by after delivery but it’s £500 more

No I've had to stick with what I've got.I.was gonna change colour from grey to oryx and add high beam assist.

Ring VW (UK) Customer Services and compare what type of answer they give you to the question about when configs are set in stone. Might be an interesting response you can use against the Dealer.
Maybe you have some Retail right to cancel your order and get your deposit back, 14 day rule or something ? Find out what reason(s) you can have to cancel an order and use it ASAP
I remember the OEM LED's costing me about a £2,000 as an option, so there can't be any way you can have OEM fitted afterwards for £500 :confused: There are cheaper after-market copies though, that don't look quite right and also not sure about their performance

Tell them you want to cancel the order and do a new one
It’s more than £500 difference, LEDs give you headlight wash and heated washer jets also I would say it’s more like £1500 more on top of the factory option

Any other company would be happy to take my money, I’m having to battle with them to spend another £1700! I’ve callwd customer services and waiting for a reply. I cant really afford to lose a £1000 deposit. If I walk away and re order the lights will have cost me £2700.

Ring VW (UK) Customer Services and compare what type of answer they give you to the question about when configs are set in stone. Might be an interesting response you can use against the Dealer.
Maybe you have some Retail right to cancel your order and get your deposit back, 14 day rule or something ? Find out what reason(s) you can have to cancel an order and use it ASAP
I remember the OEM LED's costing me about a £2,000 as an option, so there can't be any way you can have OEM fitted afterwards for £500 :confused: There are cheaper after-market copies though, that don't look quite right and also not sure about their performance

+1 That

defiantly a £1500>plus cost option . . . .

LEDs are approx a £1700 option and Hazy Days charge approx £2200 to retro fit. I meant it’s £500 more than the factory.

LEDs are approx a £1700 option and Hazy Days charge approx £2200 to retro fit. I meant it’s £500 more than the factory.

Really, I thought they were about 4.5K to retrofit? There's a self levelling system, washer, etc, etc.

Definitely worth having though, I love the lights on my T6, which isn't something a lot of people seem to say!

It seems when the guy at the dealers said £2200 that was just for lights. The washers etc. etc. are all over and above

When I ordered mine, I got a build date around 2 weeks after placing the order. When it goes into the system there’s a cut off date after which you can’t make any changes. Iirc the stage when the spec is fixed is called “stage 20”, this was about 6 weeks before the build date. My dealer actually phoned me about a week before “stage 20” and asked if I wanted to make any changes as this was my last chance. Maybe I’ve been lucky with the dealer, I’ve heard so many horror stories on here, but I’ve generally been happy with the service I’ve received.

My dealer (Parkway Leicester) was also great, and I changed quite a few things over several weeks by bouncing simple e.mails to my sales guy.
My changes were also because of comments on here, and Parkway hit every box spot on, but I count myself lucky after reading a lot of stories about poor VW customer service.
I always try to find a salesman I like, and can have a good relationship with, and my guy was brilliant, in fact I often pop in to see him for a chat, and I will use him again in the future.

My new one is being built w/c 22/10.
I've been told its too late to change anything as the order is confirmed.
Its funny when people say about getting on with the salesman, I've used the same chap for the last 19 years across 3 different dealerships. I class him as a mate. I also make a point of popping round to see him for a cuppa when I'm nearby or whenever any of my vans are in for work. The dealership have some nice cups with all the vans from the T1 onwards and I'm desperate to get hold of one, he knows this and refuses to yield, he even asked for the one back out of my coat pocket last time.

I ordered my van 2 weeks ago and still don’t have a confirmed build date. After doing some reading on here this morning I emailed the dealer and asked him to add the LED head lights as I do lots of night driving. He replied saying the system won’t let him make any changes and he was “locked out”.
As I don’t have a build date this seems like typical dealer bs to me.
Any ideas on how to deal with this, or do I revert to type and lose my sh!t.
I ordered my van on a Thursday then called back day after to change colour and they were Not happy but did change it. I was prepared to cancel if they would have not changed it . I even told them that I will want to inspect the vehicle prior to delivery if any issues I will not except !

Some of these stories are difficult to understand.
My sales guy actually told me when I ordered mine, that I could make any changes right up to a certain date. (giving me several weeks to make any changes, including the actual colour of the whole van)
We are not talking about ordering a lunch and changing your mind as it's being cooked! It's a premium commercial vehicle that cost more than most of us paid for our first houses and as the customer, surely we have the right to chop and change things right up to the deadline. As far as I'm aware, it's just a case of changing it on an order form, and nothing complex.
I wonder sometimes if you deal with a salesman that is more adapt at dealing with clients that order several commercials at the same time, and as a single purchase buyer, you're not a huge priority.
Maybe it's worth mentioning that your order might be subject to several changes over the weeks prior to the agreed deadline, and if they say that's not possible, go elsewhere.

Some of these stories are difficult to understand.
My sales guy actually told me when I ordered mine, that I could make any changes right up to a certain date. (giving me several weeks to make any changes, including the actual colour of the whole van)
We are not talking about ordering a lunch and changing your mind as it's being cooked! It's a premium commercial vehicle that cost more than most of us paid for our first houses and as the customer, surely we have the right to chop and change things right up to the deadline. As far as I'm aware, it's just a case of changing it on an order form, and nothing complex.
I wonder sometimes if you deal with a salesman that is more adapt at dealing with clients that order several commercials at the same time, and as a single purchase buyer, you're not a huge priority.
Maybe it's worth mentioning that your order might be subject to several changes over the weeks prior to the agreed deadline, and if they say that's not possible, go elsewhere.
I agree it is a premium commercial vehicle and a don't think a lot of people realise how much they cost. We spend days going through every option making sure we were sure what we wanted. It was jut the colour I was unsure about and ordered White when I wanted Mojava changed it day after.

I think changes after the order has been placed depend on if they can punt your old build slot to a new customer who wants the same spec.

I specced my van quite heavily, but missed a few options off that I decided I wanted after I had confirmed the order. The sales guy also said he was locked out of the system for any changes on my van and that because it had quite a high spec he probably wouldn't be able to sell my build to another customer.

I can live without the soft close and front parking sensors, but LED's would be a deal breaker for me, they are vital on a T6 if you do any cross country night time driving.

I think changes after the order has been placed depend on if they can punt your old build slot to a new customer who wants the same spec.

I specced my van quite heavily, but missed a few options off that I decided I wanted after I had confirmed the order. The sales guy also said he was locked out of the system for any changes on my van and that because it had quite a high spec he probably wouldn't be able to sell my build to another customer.

I can live without the soft close and front parking sensors, but LED's would be a deal breaker for me, they are vital on a T6 if you do any cross country night time driving.
I spec'd my van up quite a lot too I went for full led but missed removable tow bar :( could kick myself

Back