CTEK Dual 250SA

I've finally decided to make a start at my leisure battery install. Where have you found is the most convenient place to take the ignition signal from? (T6 panel van, highlife, leisure battery and ctek located under drivers seat).

i used fuse 39 with a piggy back micro fuse tag - cab fuse box, then ran the cable under the carpet :thumbsup:

i used fuse 39 with a piggy back micro fuse tag - cab fuse box, then ran the cable under the carpet :thumbsup:
Cool the TravelVolts guide says fuse 55 and piggyback carrier. I was hoping to be a bit lazier and not pull another cable in

that's basically what I'm planning to do, I'm going to switch battery setup to under other seat so planning to take seats off and run through central tunnel and wire into ignition circuit in lower dash fusebox

Sensor? do you mean the connection for ignition supply? If so what you get is a tail to connect to. Best place is at the fuse box for this connection. I use fuse 55.

Yes sorry, I assumed it took the ignition signal to determine whether to allow current through to the leisure battery. I was hoping to be able to pick that signal/voltage up from somewhere local(under the seat for example) seems it's not possible.

The eLogic using a battery voltage sensing wire. This is seperate to the main charging wire to eliminate any volt drop that may exist on the main charging wire. As with most DC-DC chargers the eLogic continues to harvest energy from the vehicle battery until that battery falls to 12.4 volts. You can of course also connect this wire to an ignition supply to switch the eLogic on and off with ignition and not have the extra harvesting feature.

Hi folks, I have just purchased the ctek 250sa and could do with some help on the installation process. its going in a Vw T6 and the leisure battery will be going under drivers seat. Do I have to connect the ignition cable up and if yes how do I do that? If anybody has any pics of equipment in place and how cables connected up that would be awesome. Cheers Adam

Hi folks, I have just purchased the ctek 250sa and could do with some help on the installation process. its going in a Vw T6 and the leisure battery will be going under drivers seat. Do I have to connect the ignition cable up and if yes how do I do that? If anybody has any pics of equipment in place and how cables connected up that would be awesome. Cheers Adam
Hi @adamw, if you are speaking of the wire that goes to an ignition live, wire it to any of the centre slots in the bottom dash fuse box, as they are all ign live. Easiest way is probably to buy a piggy back fuse. The wire is to isolate the CTEK from the starter battery/ alternator circuit when the ignition is turned off, to stop any chance of a parasitic draw from the starter battery.
If you join up as a VIP member you get access to extra areas of the forum including fuse box wiring diagrams, which could finish off pointing you in the right direction. It’s an absolute bargain.

Try the fitting instructions here

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there, where is fuse 55 located please
Not sure off the top of my head. However, if you were to join as a VIP member you would have access to all of the fuse board drawings for the Transporter amongst other gucci stuff (all proceeds go to pay the hosting costs of this amazing forum). Such a minuscule cost for such a fabulous resource.

Back