CTEK Dual 250SA

travelvolts

Retired
T6 Legend
The new CTEK Dual 250SA has been released and we expect to have stock in 5 - 7 days. This unit is now fully compatible with smart alternators and no longer requires an additional relay making it one of the easiest DC to DC chargers to fit. It also is selectable for AGM battery and of course has the legendary CTEK quality.

See website for more info travelvolts

So very simplistically, I could connect the CTEK Dual 250 SA to the vehicle starter battery/12v feed and connect it to a suitable 12v leisure/secondary battery and hey presto leisure battery charging is taken care of? Is it that straightforward?

I am tempted to fit this in place of the BCU controlled VSR on my cali.

have you got the spec sheet for it.

Last edited:
Yes, that simple and I also supply a ready made wiring loom for the T6.

That's great. I might well make an investment soon...

What is included in the 'ready made T6 wiring loom'?

What would you recommend as a suitable secondary/leisure battery?

That's great. I might well make an investment soon...

What is included in the 'ready made T6 wiring loom'?

Absolutely everything that you will need to get this in and working.

What would you recommend as a suitable secondary/leisure battery?

This will depend on what you plan to run from it but as a general recommendation I would suggest the Xplorer 100 ah AGM.

Ctek, don't seem to be interested in the Lithium market, only a 5 amp charger and then releasing an updated D250 without a Lithium mode for the second battery.

I don't see a Lithium mode on the spec sheet? just 14.4 and 14.7 for AGM.

Other than that, its good to see them bring out and updated version for us with Low voltage alternators.

Are Lithium a serious and viable alternative yet in leisure vehicles?

Still waiting for the Makita 18v LXT acessory to power th vans auxiliary demands.

They are here in Australia, the price of a 100ah Lithium battery with BMS is getting to be quite reasonable for the benefits. (i'm planning on getting one, might depend on how much $$$ i have left after my fit out, as i brought a new industrial shed and setting up a new workshop adds up)

Anyhow back to the lithium, 10-12kg instead of 27-32Kg, 80 ah (80%discharge) available instead of 50 ah (50% discharge on a 100ah AGM)

quick charge up to 95% instead of 80% no AGM, before float charge.

A lot of motorhomes are throwing in 400amp & higher lithium LIPO4 and running air con and other 240 volts of inverters, as lithium can provide the draw on these things.

I've noticed aussies tend to avoid the 240 volt hookup and free camp and a lot of places out west charge a fair bit more for their powered sites as the camp will be run on diesel generators.

It just would of made sense for Ctek to add a profile to the D250A, as i do expect lithium to take of in the next few years when prices come down a little bit more.

Lithium batteries on that scale scare me to be honest. I think I would like to see a few years of service in the field before I switch, by which time the charging tech will have been tried and tested.

Ctek, don't seem to be interested in the Lithium market, only a 5 amp charger and then releasing an updated D250 without a Lithium mode for the second battery.

I don't see a Lithium mode on the spec sheet? just 14.4 and 14.7 for AGM.

Other than that, its good to see them bring out and updated version for us with Low voltage alternators.

Low voltage alternators?

Not the same B2B charger as above but I fitted my 110ah AGM battery under my drivers seat this weekend and installed the eLogic EL1230 B2B charger using the wiring kit and it was very easy to do. The hardest bit was getting the grommet out and back in.

All components bought from Martyn at Travelvolts. Highly recommended

So what's the 'best' smart B2B charger solution at the £150 - £200 price point:

CTEK Dual 250SA or Ring RSCDC30 or something else...?

Back