Converting one of the last TSI's (but not the last TSI)! My build thread

Well, having done a couple of errands I can now confirm that this van is as fun to drive as my now ex- 530d :) no-one expects a van to do what this one does, and it just pulls like a train. It spins up the wheels in third at 4,000 revs... I've not done the maths on that one :cool:

Massive slowdown due to pressure of schooling and working at the same time, but made some headway today...bumper back on now my H4 retrofit LED projectors are in and working. And then removed the bulkhead supports and added sound deadening to the cab floor, cab steps and lower b-pillars.
View attachment 102245
I used the theory that the sound deadening is to reduce resonance in the panels not a layer for blocking noise. Hence, this:

So I also did the steps and will do the B-pillar plastics. And then on to door skins, assembly carriers and door cards
View attachment 102246
But also personal choice, not to spend too much on this. What you see was half a box of silentcoat

Going through a phase where nothing changes visually...

Last edited:
View attachment 102367
Carrying on with the sound deadening today. Using the instructions for opening up the door https://www.t6forum.com/threads/gui...r-assembly-from-the-front-door-of-a-t6.22979/ put 4.5 sheets on the outer skin and the another two on the assembly carrier. And some in the pillar plastics:
View attachment 102371

Also fitted an MS Craft swivel seat base:
View attachment 102370
Getting along a little bit more. Finished the driver's side except that I have speakers coming, so won't close the door card just yet.

View attachment 103151
Eton tweeters in, with a little deadening on the a-pillar plastics
After saying I wasn't going to take the driver's door card off ever again, I took it off today as I was worried I'd forgotten to reconnect the mirror earth as my dab reception was poor...but no, it's all fine, so now I have to put it back. But just refitted the assembly carrier on the passenger side after sound deadening the outer skin. Warming the door and my feet with a fan heater now ready to line the assembly carrier and rivet the last Eton speaker in
View attachment 103470
Need to wire the passenger mirror puddle light before this door is closed up
I would post a guide to fitting Eton "plug and play" speakers but the video of the German guy doing it is great and I'm pretty annoyed at the £20 rivet gun overhead and superglue that the "plug and play" mod required. On top of that, I can't actually drive anywhere to assess the new speaker system so it will have to wait for the end of lockdown 3.0

Soon to be 300+ is what I'm taking from that ;) So the next question is... Pendle, Revo or other?

300 will be fine. Probably other but not finalised yet as there's a lot on the list and my wife is expecting a camper to appear! Aiming to have the main boxes ticked by the end of the summer (sooner if I win the lottery)!

Great thread this, am following with interest! Took delivery of my own TSI 150 last month and have thoroughly fallen in love with it. It goes in for the first phase of its camper conversion on Monday and I’m beyond excited! I’ve got some bad news for you though Andy.... mine was apparently built on 27.05.2019!!

D513D283-35D7-4C3E-BF97-65F4271F3484.jpeg

For anyone thinking of a map, Revo is amazing but beware if you have a manual you may well have to upgrade the clutch to something like a Sachs Organic as the standard clutch will struggle with 300hp+.

Great thread this, am following with interest! Took delivery of my own TSI 150 last month and have thoroughly fallen in love with it. It goes in for the first phase of its camper conversion on Monday and I’m beyond excited! I’ve got some bad news for you though Andy.... mine was apparently built on 27.05.2019!!

View attachment 104353
Damn it! That is not allowed! Will have to change my whole persona :rolleyes:

I still have the only van with a 284 badge though ;)

Back