Converting Adblue tank to Water

Catagonia

T6 Pro
After having my Adblue coded out it's got me to thinking whether the redundant Adblue tank would make a good onboard hot water tank? Cleaned out of course!

Could even be fitted with a submerged heating element that can produced hot water whilst the engine in running. Filler cap is already in place to boot.

Are these 16ltr tanks on the T6? It's not a lot of water, but maybe enough for a shower and a wash. Not really sure where to run the outlet to though.

I like this idea. So much so that I even looked in to retrofitting an AdBlue tank to my Eu5 van for this very reason, but the cost was too steep.
I do now use the filler location for my water tank, but a regular underslung water tank .

Keep us posted :thumbsup:

Whereabouts are your water tanks fitted Ads?

My main reservation is that the adblue tank might just be a bit small. Having the smaller fuel tank to allow for the adblue tank is a pain aswell.

Whereabouts are your water tanks fitted Ads?

My main reservation is that the adblue tank might just be a bit small. Having the smaller fuel tank to allow for the adblue tank is a pain aswell.
Down the centre, alongside the exhaust as per this post. The filler tube just runs round to the front.
I recall the seller saying they’d not fit an Eu6 because of some gadget that protrudes from the exhaust, mind..

Back