Ads_Essex

Local lowlife
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
IMG_8967.JPG
Sorry if it's already been covered, but can anyone tell me what the rubber bung below the fuel filler hole is for? Is it covering another hole that could be utilised for water or something, or is it where the Ad-Blue would go on a Euro6 engine?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah that makes sense.

So the hole could be used for, say, an underslung water tank?

The diesel tank was reduced in size (by 10l I think) to accommodate the ad-blue tank in the Euro 6 models. Consequently, even if, as per @Roadrunner comments, you wanted to there probably wouldn't be space for it there.

Old thread bump! I’m hoping to hear more from TS about using the ad-blue location for a water filler.

Do you have any pictures?

Old thread bump! I’m hoping to hear more from TS about using the ad-blue location for a water filler.

Do you have any pictures?
I’ve not gone any further than piercing the hole, feeding the water fill tube through and putting a cap on it.
Ideally it wants a bracket fabricated to bolt to the body (where the AdBlue tank neck would affix) and hold the tube in place.

I’ve not gone any further than piercing the hole, feeding the water fill tube through and putting a cap on it.
Ideally it wants a bracket fabricated to bolt to the body (where the AdBlue tank neck would affix) and hold the tube in place.
I looked up the original ad-blue filler hose, but it doesn’t really seem suited for my needs other than it being able to bolt on in place as you mention.

Thanks for the quick reply!

It's where rhe AdBlue filler would be. I take it yours is a Euro5.

Mine is a euro5, So I fit the genuine AdBlue tank and use it for diesel (with some modification) to supply my night heater.

Last edited:
Back