Conversion companies in the SE?

DanS

Hi
Looking at converting my lwb T6. Any recommendations on good companies? Visiting SK conversions in etchingham later but would welcome any advice.
Thanks!

Hi
Looking at converting my lwb T6. Any recommendations on good companies? Visiting SK conversions in etchingham later but would welcome any advice.
Thanks!

SK fitted a multi rail to my van and could not have been more helpful.
I had a poke around some of the work they were doing at the same time and it all looked very good.

Hi,
Looking for any recommendations for converters in NW Essex / Cambridge area. I have seen a similar post where Cambridge Campervans was recommended. I have email them and they only do full conversions. I am looking to do the following:

- remove the fixed triple bench (rear) and fitting a slide bench (akin to a California).
- sound proofing
- install swivel front seats (Already have captain seats in front but fixed)
- install speaker( in the rear of the vehicle and additional reading lights
- 12V socket in the rear and leisure battery

Anyone got any thoughts or recommendations? Cheers

I'm in NW Essex too, and am booked into Unique Vans in St Neots soon for a few items from your list - sound proofing, carpet lining, speakers and 12V. They're been very helpful on the phone, and came highly recommended. Maybe give them a call.

I wouldn't limit yourself to immediate location for your conversion. Not that it's necessarily a pre-requisite, but the best work is most certainly worth travelling for.

I’m based near southend, I made the trip to @BognorMotors and I’m over the moon with what they did to my van. Well worth the drive down.

Thanks for the recommend.

We can do all this work and more for you. And offer a courtesy vehicle whilst you are in with us.

Let me know if you would like us to quote.

Awesome, thanks for all the comments. I get researching.
Depending on where you are in Essex, there is a decent company in Ashford, Kent - they have decent train access too.
They are called the Dub Hut - and will probably be able to work you something up to that list above. Give Cal or Maria the owners a call via their website.

Morning guys does anyone out there know where I can get my t6 converted to a full camper in the Surrey or southeast area
as I have asked around and most of the people near me ie wambam campers have a 6 month waiting list looking to get it booked in to a company ASAP if possible

There was a big uptick in demand last summer, and still is, so all the good ones will be booked up now for months ahead.

I booked a slot with mine, back in August and earliest date I could get was Feb. So you are likely to need to join the queue I’m afraid. But the wait will be worth it!

My advice is to be as patient as possible, only book your van into a company you trust 100%, there are soooo many cowboys out there.

The best conversion companies are worth waiting for.

Hello All, newbie here and looking for advice on my first move into the VW T6 Campervan World. Can anyone recommend an approved VW conversion company near me in East Hertfordshire I could visit to start looking please? Ideally I am looking for a usedT6.
So much advice and guidance on the Forum already, it’s very impressive and I’m just taking it all in!
Look forward to hearing from fellow members.
Cheers.

Reactions: CAB
Welcome and enjoy the experience!!!

I’ll start by saying don’t constrain your search to location. There is a wide range of styles and quality out there, so take some time to look around to find what really works for you.

You may well find that the best match for the style and quality you want and crucially the budget you have to work with, means you may need to travel much further to find the ideal combination. I’m in Herts too, but ended up using a converter in Devon!

So take some time too look at options, how they compare (or don’t) and you’ll be able to make a much more informed decision. Given the inflated costs of base vehicles now and rising costs of everything, that’s more important now than ever.

And lastly, don’t be put off by long lead times to schedule in the work you want. Good converters will usually have a lengthy lead time and will be well worth the wait.

Back