Newbie - which company

Brinders

Hi all,

My first post and I can't help but feel it has been posted a million times before but can't see anytrhing - always wanted a T6 and we are hiring one for a few days on Saturday so really looking forward to the experience......we are looking at getting a T6.1 and have looked at loads on ebay/auto trader ETC, I'm just curious as to how some of the conversion companies fair against the others, we have seen a couple of nice vans at Woodstck Campers & Campervisions. Are there any companies that are better than others as to be fair when you look they all look fairly similar, we have a decent budget of up to £60K but the choice is vast so just thought I would put up a quick post to the collective (would also be interested on thoughts of best engine combo - the one we are hiring is a 2.0 150 with DSG which I imagine is one of the better combo's.

Thanks all and hope this post is in the right forum.

I would say that a 150 DSG is the best compromise WRT fuel economy vs power, but then I would say that as that's what I went for. I'd also suggest that, for a camper, go for a LWB if you've the space to park one at home (again, that's what I went for) and at least a T30 (I went for a T32).

Your choice of convertor will be dictated by your budget and how far you're prepared to travel to get the conversion you want. I chose a convertor 4.5 hours away and, whilst I'm really happy with my conversion, I have to admit it was a complete PITA when I had to return for some minor snagging, so something to bear in mind.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Hi
I used camperversions in Blackburn , speak to graham he’ll see you right. Very good standard of build and a three year warranty on the build.

150 and DSG is a good combo and like @Bav has mentioned above, LWB does have its advantages if you do have the space to park it. I have a 150 6spd manual T32 and feel its a good spec/combo. I previously owned a 110 5spd (think it was 110??) and found it very lackluster until I had it mapped.

In regards to conversion companies, the world is your oyster but personally I would try and find one closer to home than too far away, just in case you do need to return for any niggles.

Only half the contents of your luggage space fall out when you open a barn door, as opposed to all of it when you open a tailgate. :whistle:
Also, you don't need as much clearance at the rear to open barn doors.

Back