Comfort Dash in photos

The comfort dash in the kombi, doesn't come with the piano black as per the Caravelle and California. Its more like a matt grey - There hasn't been an option to upgrade previously to the Caravelle/California Gloss finishes.

That looks less scratchable.
The piano black sure looks nice but I am alarmed at how many scratches ours has picked up already.

Maybe consider having it polished and then a clear vinyl applied over the top, would be easier for a vehicle wrapper to do and preserve it nicely. Cant say I've seen any major scratches on our Cali's, but I've probably not spent enough time in them to notice.

So... when you look at the configurator for the kombi online and select the comfort dash.. you are then asked to select one of two options, which from memory are wv2 and wv3 or similar. one of these is free and the other is bloody expensive but you can't find out what they are. My dealer has had the same issue but confirmed to me today that I have added the comfort dash and the option that it activates is a carpeted cab area.. which is fine by me!
Also had a provisional build week of 50.. so a new year new van it is..

My T6 factory build date is first week in December. I asked my dealer to add this option. After to a fro he finally came back today and said:

'I have spoken to VW support, comfort dash will be available soon, but they have informed me that it is too late to add onto your vehicle'

My T6 factory build date is first week in December. I asked my dealer to add this option. After to a fro he finally came back today and said:

'I have spoken to VW support, comfort dash will be available soon, but they have informed me that it is too late to add onto your vehicle'
That's a shame... my dealer did say if we miss it because the build goes confirmed before the option is added we could cancel the order and start again... depends how desperate you are for the dash...

That's a shame... my dealer did say if we miss it because the build goes confirmed before the option is added we could cancel the order and start again... depends how desperate you are for the dash...
If I can't get it ordered than I'll cancel the order and re-order...

Glad I have been on this forum. I have been trying to get this added to my order for the last few days after finding out about it on the forum. Build date confirmed so was unable to change my order. My VW dealer simply cancelled my order and re-ordered the van without losing the deposit with a weeks or so delay on the delivery date. One happy bunny...

The dash is one of those things that without the input from the forum I wouldn't have even considered... and even less so having been told by the dealer it's not available. I wonder if dealers will push it now or whether it'll slip by the wayside for a lot of people

I'd be pretty hacked off if I'd just missed out o this; the price is a bit of a bargain. I swear it was about £2k when I ordered mine (which comes with it as standard).

So, do I cancel and re-order for this or what? I really can't decide! I have a build date of first week in December and I'm keen to get the van asap, is it really worth it, particularly with regard to getting scratched really easily, which would do my OCD no good at all!

Mind you if all you guys also on similar build dates cancel for it and I don't I should get mine earlier, happy days!

Is it me but looking at comparison images of the two it kind of looks like the comfort dash is more angled towards the windscreen, which makes me wonder if the regular dash is less likely to get reflections on the media screen?

Back