T6.1 12v socket permanent live

kombisnaps

T6.1 Kombi
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all

Seen a couple posts on this but nothing relating to 6.1's I don't think so wondered if it's different in latest models!

Seems that the 12v by the usb sockets is constantly live (my dash cam remains on and indicator light on my 12v adaptor doesn't shut off even after waiting a good 5mins or so) - bit annoying as I want to stick a dash cam in that will turn off with ignition and not drain battery.

Had a look through menu systems but can't find anything to make it switched.

For now am using an adaptor in to the USB-C sockets as they switch off 20 secs or so after ignition is off. Would just be nice to free one up and use the 12v for the dash cam.

Thanks in advance - apologies if it's a common Q!

AFAIK the 12v by the gear shift is always live from starter battery, even if you have a second battery installed.

You could install a hardwire kit and pick up a switched feed with a piggy back fuse adaptor in the dash fusebox, very common use case and several threads about it on the forum.

AFAIK the 12v by the gear shift is always live from starter battery, even if you have a second battery installed.

You could install a hardwire kit and pick up a switched feed with a piggy back fuse adaptor in the dash fusebox, very common use case and several threads about it on the forum.
Nice one I'll give it a bit of google. Also found Garmin supply an OBD port power option which looks good too. You can set dash cam to remain live 10 min / 1 hour or constant after ignition off...

Think this is the most common method, theres a post showing which fuses are ignition live i the dash fusebox so a tapafuse thingy will work fine and lots of dashcams give you the option of parking mode as well

Back