Comfort dash T6.1 vs T6

Desmoben

T6 Pro
Hi folks, living in Ireland we can order some options that are not available in the UK. For example, I was able to order the digital cockpit for my panel van along with the 9.2 inch infotainment head unit. This brings me to the reason for this post - When I placed my order for the above options I was told that this forced me to also order “comfort dash”. It wasn’t that much more and certainly a lot less expensive than retrofitting it so I was happy enough.

I know what the T6 one looks like but can anyone with a T6.1 Cali or Caravelle with this option please show what their comfort dash looks like for comparison?

Because, when I’ve finally gone to see my van in the garage- there is no extra cup holders or bottle cooler as per the T6 one and all I seem to be getting is a regular dash with just a few glossy inserts - no practical extras.... really disappointed.

Sorry for the long post.

Had a quick look on the VW UK website, and took screenshots of 2 derivatives of the Cali - one has standard dash and one has comfort.
Just appears to be glossy bits and may be a few more buttons ?

Pete

7DCAEF95-1071-40D5-8414-2BE3C18DC00C.jpegF17A2265-7953-42FD-AA3E-EFF68696FE50.jpeg

Many thanks for the response Pete C. That kinda confirms what I have got. Fair play for digging it out.
Awful pity it doesn’t have the lower dash section as per the T6 comfort dash - a real loss!

On the T6 the comfort dash is a distinct unit, different from the standard dash. On the 6.1 there is no comfort dash as such, something some dealers were surprised about, with the upper trim level models just given chrome and bright metal trim on vents etc, so to upgrade a base van would just be a matter of buying the parts and swapping them out. If the demand is there then aftermarket trim kits will probably spring up. Makes sense for VW, only one moulding means reduced costs.

I see that CustomVanz offer a carbon trim for the new T6.1 but at £900 for a bit of nice trim its priced beyond my budget. Any other ideas or advice please

Back