6 up with a comfort dash

Hi. I sold my last T6 a month ago because it wasn’t being used. Big mistake.
Now I’m looking for a replacement but struggling find a six seat Kombi of the right spec so I’ve been thinking of adding a double passenger seat to a 5 seater. Is it possible to easily remove the storage area next to the gear lever that comes with a comfort dash? All front seat passengers have two legs.
I really want a T6 Edition DSG SWB in Grape Yellow . Is it possible?

Hi. I sold my last T6 a month ago because it wasn’t being used. Big mistake.
Now I’m looking for a replacement but struggling find a six seat Kombi of the right spec so I’ve been thinking of adding a double passenger seat to a 5 seater. Is it possible to easily remove the storage area next to the gear lever that comes with a comfort dash? All front seat passengers have two legs.
I really want a T6 Edition DSG SWB in Grape Yellow . Is it possible?
One additional thing to consider when thinking of converting a single front seat into a double is the front passenger airbag. They are different depending on the standard seating configuration. A van that starts life with a single passenger seat will only have an airbag for one front passenger.

Tempted to offer you a swap for my non comfort lower dash but you may be better to look for someone with a double seat looking to swap for single and swap the complete set, seats, dash and airbag as mentioned above. Single captains seats and comfort dash are in demand so you should probably get a fair wedge of cash out of it too! £500+ for comfort dash parts alone.

One additional thing to consider when thinking of converting a single front seat into a double is the front passenger airbag. They are different depending on the standard seating configuration. A van that starts life with a single passenger seat will only have an airbag for one front passenger.
Thanks Chris. So now my crisis gets worse. If I convert to a 6 seater I’ve got to choose my least favourite child to ride shotgun!!
Good info though

Tempted to offer you a swap for my non comfort lower dash but you may be better to look for someone with a double seat looking to swap for single and swap the complete set, seats, dash and airbag as mentioned above. Single captains seats and comfort dash are in demand so you should probably get a fair wedge of cash out of it too! £500+ for comfort dash parts alone.
Sounds like a job I’m not confident with. How much labour in that?

You are holding all the cards, get the other guy to pay to have it done in a garage. There are threads in here on installing the lower comfort dash but not seen one the other way round, you may need to swap the flooring etc too or you may have a gap

Other option is a single shuttle seat in the middle of row 3 - we have this for occasional trips with the grandparents. SWMBO hates the double front seat as it induces back ache! We have windows all round and lack of windows in R3 could be an issue with travel sickness.

If you remove the comfort dash you’ll need to change the carpet too

Back