Clear bumper protector

kieran

T6 Pro
Are Bandrup the only company that sells the clear rear bumper protector? I cant seem to find anything else other than ebay and i am a bit dubious about the quality of them .

Could always do a clear wrap on it ?
I did think about that , would the clear wrap be as thick as the bumper protector or would they be about the same ?
I tend to drag 100kg rolls of altro in and out of the van sometimes so was thinking the protector may be a better bet.
I didnt fancy a coloured one this time and metal is out as i tend to dent them . I know i am asking alot out of clear plastic film!

It's a tough one, I think the protector would be stronger/thicker but would lose transparency when rubbed/scratched ??
Wrap would be easier to replace but prob damage easier
Anyone else tried a rear bumper wrap ?
@Rslad what's your thoughts ?

@Loz Can you let me know how the new protector from QB fits. I bought their original design (all smooth, no bumps) and it didn't fit correctly at one end. They were really good and let me send it back for a full refund. The quality was very good other than that so I would be happy to go for the new design if it's a better fit.
Thanks in advance

I have a clear wrap on mine, which suits my needs, it's fairly thick but I wouldn't want to be dragging 100 kg rolls over it...

It's a tough one, I think the protector would be stronger/thicker but would lose transparency when rubbed/scratched ??
Wrap would be easier to replace but prob damage easier
Anyone else tried a rear bumper wrap ?
@Rslad what's your thoughts ?
If your talking about doing the top edge and down to the sensors, ppf works great. I've got it on mine and you will really struggle to scratch it. It's actually called never scratch. If people are interested I could do a forum discount on a supply only or supply and fit, if your local.

If your talking about doing the top edge and down to the sensors, ppf works great. I've got it on mine and you will really struggle to scratch it. It's actually called never scratch. If people are interested I could do a forum discount on a supply only or supply and fit, if your local.
I'm interested in s clear protector for my rear bumper....I got a black fibreglass one recently and it really didn't sit right or look good at all...the finish was of poor quality too. That was on my white T6. That went back so now just looking for a clear protector

I'm on holiday at the moment. When I get back I'll get a price worked out as a supply only. All I would need to know is if it's a tailgate or barn doors as the bumpers are different.

I am interested in a barn door version of this, I'm having some paintwork done on the van and don't want to damage it. One question, can you apply the film to new paint, or is it best to wait for the paint to harden off for a couple of weeks?

HI All - I have the Bandrup clear protector only had it a few week but looks really good. Can't say its had much in the way of 100kg rolls though.

I am interested in a barn door version of this, I'm having some paintwork done on the van and don't want to damage it. One question, can you apply the film to new paint, or is it best to wait for the paint to harden off for a couple of weeks?
I would leave it for at least a week to harden. But it's applied wet anyway. I'll get a price sorted now I'm back. Just got to get in and sorted out.

Back