Clear bumper protector

Hi,

Newbie here, so apologies for jumping in on this post. Just picked up my T6 (highline, lwb kombi, deep pearl black) on Friday :):), what a machine, I'm like a kid in a sweetie shop still.

When ordering it, I spec'd the option including loading edge protection rear, so I assumed this would cover the exposed part of the bumber for loading, which appears I was wrong, this seems to be a plastic protection strip which goes between the rubber floor mat and the inner side/van side of the bumber.
Reading through the posts, the carbon one from world of carbon looks really impressive, my only qu is, does it fit over the outer top edge of the bumber and down the outside edge of the bumper sufficiently to provide protection of the paint. Apologies again for jumping in on the post, but it seemed the most appropriate place to post being directly after photos showing this item. Thank you

Last edited:
Does the world of carbon label on the rear bumper protector come off , was at Busfest today and thought they might have been there ? Thanks

Tried to fit my world of carbon protector today wouldn’t sit flush and the tape wouldn’t hold it to the bumper for some reason ? Looked amazing I love it but had to take it off was worried that once it was stuck it wouldn’t move but it pulled right off ! Hopefully the guys at world of carbon will be able to help me tomorrow

Weird that mate, maybe a bad one lol

Mine fit in 5 mins and is really flush so touch wood it will be sorted.

I used a whiteboard marker to line it up and pushed it flush up to rear of bumper and it dropped down almost as perfect as I could have expected - I was fearing the worst and it pulling my wrap off ha

Sorry if I missed it, but did you ever sort out a price for these?
I’ve got a freshly painted tailgate bumper that needs some protection.

Sorry if I missed it, but did you ever sort out a price for these?
I’ve got a freshly painted tailgate bumper that needs some protection.

Mate, be very careful applying a protection vinyl to anything freshly painted. Modern paints need some time to allow the solvents to escape, and blocking this process causes issues with the paint (trust me, I found out the hard way:()

Mate, be very careful applying a protection vinyl to anything freshly painted. Modern paints need some time to allow the solvents to escape, and blocking this process causes issues with the paint (trust me, I found out the hard way:()

Ah brill, cheers mate - I’m glad you saw my post!

Back