Hi Pauly, I'm a 2017 T6 panel van converted. Startline 102 base. So all standard halogens.
I bought the LED "E 3" lights, as I call them. So was hoping to do the swap.
They'll be fine, the blank is for the duplicate fog from memory. Other side should have a space for the duplicate reverse light?

Both are pin 1 on their respective connectors, so; if I can work out which wire is which, I could connect the two empty pins to their respective colleague and have the dual brake/dual reversing lights sorted...
I'm now hoping the cables are at least the same colour scheme for all... Seems this 102 gets a different setup for everything.
This could take her out of action for a while if I have to go trial and error.

I did conversion tonight and I LIKE IT ...
however, colours of the wires were not the same, so I needed to improvise ... but I would say that Littleblackflash post was very helpful ... I just used right part, LED light pin out, like this:

LH light - pin number on LED
brake light - 6
indicator - 3
earth - 4
side lights - 1
reverse light - 5
not used - 2 (here I connected fog light from RH side)

Rh light - pin number on LED
brake - 1
indicator - 4
earth - 3
side light - 6
no used - 5 (here I connected reverse light from LH side)
Fog light - 2

IMG_4960.JPG

my pin-outs are different again to all the ones posted, so my question is, are the wire colourings consistent? that would mean it could be easily worked out. If the wires are different then its going to make it a long job and probably not worth it.

my pin-outs are different again to all the ones posted, so my question is, are the wire colourings consistent? that would mean it could be easily worked out. If the wires are different then its going to make it a long job and probably not worth it.
My colours are also different, but again it is an easy job ... what I see in common is that BROWN is the ground wire, so you can start with that ... and how I did it, I removed back of the halogen tail light (open it like you want to change the bulb), and I put connector at the back ... so I was looking at the wires from connector and then following them on the board to figure out where they lead ... I was just writing it down, for example - red and black wire is brake. After that I was just matching it with pin out from LED light, is was very easy ...

Mine was a little different, not sure if the original post has a typo. As mentioned before the halogen units have as single fog (RHS) and Reverse (LHS) so you need to run 2x additional cables above the headlong to connect both sides.

LH Light

1. Grey/Black - Side light
2. Connect to RH Pin 5 (Additional Cable)
3. Black/White - Indicator
4. Brown - Earth
5. Green/Black - Reverse
6. Black/Red - Brake

RH Light

1. Black/Red - Brake
2. Connect to LH Pin 5 (Additional Cable)
3. Brown - Earth
4. Black/Green - Indicator
5. Grey/White - Fog
6. Grey/Red - Side Light
What cable did you buy to do this if you dont mind me asking. I’ve ran into the same problem swapping to the led’s from halogens. One fog working RH and only the LH reverse light. Cheers Ash.

What cable did you buy to do this if you dont mind me asking. I’ve ran into the same problem swapping to the led’s from halogens. One fog working RH and only the LH reverse light. Cheers Ash.
I can’t remember buddy sorry.

Nights are getting lighter from here on in. Should get mine done too

Just to clarify, 2019 non led Highline to led taillights from 2016 Caravelle. I have defining tool and new connectors but unsure about additional wiring for twin reverse and fog lights. Is it 1 or 2 individual cables running up and over tailgate or underneath floor? Also. What size cable and does it need to be protected by sleeving?

MTIA,
Gary.

Mine was a little different, not sure if the original post has a typo. As mentioned before the halogen units have as single fog (RHS) and Reverse (LHS) so you need to run 2x additional cables above the headlong to connect both sides.
I know this is a bit of a revival but….
Before I take the lights off to prepare, is this just a case of removing the rear portion of the heading and dropping a couple of wires down the rear pillars connected one to each side. Then crimping that pair of cables to the relevant pins in each side? Finding it difficult to remember how that section links up.

I know this is a bit of a revival but….
Before I take the lights off to prepare, is this just a case of removing the rear portion of the heading and dropping a couple of wires down the rear pillars connected one to each side. Then crimping that pair of cables to the relevant pins in each side? Finding it difficult to remember how that section links up.
No reason why you can’t run the cable down from the lights under the D Pillar trim covers and along the underside. I ran a twin core double insulated flex’ in flexible conduit. My advice is not to run inside the bumper or on the bumper bar as it will be damaged in a collision. I ran mine just forward of the bumper bar.
Very easy.

Both are pin 1 on their respective connectors, so; if I can work out which wire is which, I could connect the two empty pins to their respective colleague and have the dual brake/dual reversing lights sorted...
I'm now hoping the cables are at least the same colour scheme for all... Seems this 102 gets a different setup for everything.
This could take her out of action for a while if I have to go trial and error.
Did you get any further with this? My left and right plugs sound the same as yours. 2019 highline 150ps 4motion. Moving from T6 halogen to t6 LED.
I’m guessing just follow the colours?
Also not managed to de-pin one pin yet.*edit. De-pinning has commenced..

IMG_9656.jpeg

IMG_9655.jpeg

Last edited:
No reason why you can’t run the cable down from the lights under the D Pillar trim covers and along the underside. I ran a twin core double insulated flex’ in flexible conduit. My advice is not to run inside the bumper or on the bumper bar as it will be damaged in a collision. I ran mine just forward of the bumper bar.
Very easy.
Thats's ace, all makes sense now. Did you cut off the reverse and foglight pin and re crimp with the 2 wires or hack into the wire to piggyback onto it?

Thats's ace, all makes sense now. Did you cut off the reverse and foglight pin and re crimp with the 2 wires or hack into the wire to piggyback onto it?
All soldered splices in the loom, insulated with self amalgamating tape on the dry side of the D pillar grommet.

All soldered splices in the loom, insulated with self amalgamating tape on the dry side of the D pillar grommet.
Makes sense. Light's now working but without the 2 extra wires so far. I will say that the de-pinning tool made it a doddle. Was having all sorts of dramas with the alien key or paper clip method.

Makes sense. Light's now working but without the 2 extra wires so far. I will say that the de-pinning tool made it a doddle. Was having all sorts of dramas with the alien key or paper clip method.
In my vans last MOT I had an issue with the retrofit rear LED lights flickering when the rear fog and brake lights were applied at the same time.
This went unnoticed for years until a very thorough MOT inspector went to town on it.
With the help of @mmi and @Pauly I got it re-coded. Best check you don’t have the same scenario.

Reactions: mmi
In my vans last MOT I had an issue with the retrofit rear LED lights flickering when the rear fog and brake lights were applied at the same time.
This went unnoticed for years until a very thorough MOT inspector went to town on it.
With the help of @mmi and @Pauly I got it re-coded. Best check you don’t have the same scenario.
Thanks for the heads up.
I’ll watch out for it.
I have a feeling the front LEDs are where the fun will really begin…

Back