Electrics under passenger seat issues

Ianbarnes

VIP Member
I’m trying to clear some corrosion faults I. The connectors under the passengers seat.
The conversion people had hidden the connectors, taped up,under the rubber mat but 4/5 pins have corroded and caused a bit of chaos.
I’m gradually getting there but does anyone know what t the connectors do?

Roughly the red has the nox and pms power feed, sorted that.
The greens have the rear lights on them,
My drivers tails lights are out.
There are 3- 4 pins that show signs of corrosion need cleaning or bypassing.
Curious to know what the thicker purple wires are
Also there is a black and cream connector?

Finally what’s the best fix? Cut the cable and ??? Solder , screw terminal block, etc etc.
Thanks ian

IMG_6305.jpeg

Still trying To puzzle out a decent repair for my 3-4 electrically connections on plug 17 under the passenger seat.
Are the Vw block connectors repairable / take apart able / get new pins for.

Simply cutting the wires and replacing is a fix but would prefer to do a proper job.

IMG_6317.jpeg

They can be unpinnned. The purple plastic is a pin security clip, it will either slide or unclip then with the special tool you can depin the connectors quite easily from the front (tool slides in, pushes the tabs back and then voila cable and pin slide out the back, sometimes needs a sharp tug).

I use this: Terminal Tool - VAG | VS9200 | 1 Year Guarantee | Sealey

However many plastic trim tool kits come with the various bits to do the same job.

Depends how you want to go about it, you could bypass the plug completely if you want to or you could cut the pins off and crimp new ones on and reinstate as is

The plugs under the seat are dependant on model, the second green plug (if you have a factory alarm) or biege plug (if you dont have alarm) deal with the sliding door sensor and central locking

Where abouts in Cornwall are you ?
Im in Plymouth and probably have most of the crimps to do this available if required

Back