LED strip problems

Jonner

T6 Pro
So playing with LED strips RGB so 4 wire I thought because red wire used for red LEDs black wire would become pos so connected black to small test battery (12v from motorbike) lovely lights up as expected.so on to IR remote control box connected 4 pin and plug into control box.then this is bit that gets odd .I cut wire from thats connected to IR box via a jack plug so a red wire and a white wire exposed connect red to possitive terminals on battery and white to negative controller starts to smoke wires are actually hot.?????

So playing with LED strips RGB so 4 wire I thought because red wire used for red LEDs black wire would become pos so connected black to small test battery (12v from motorbike) lovely lights up as expected.so on to IR remote control box connected 4 pin and plug into control box.then this is bit that gets odd .I cut wire from thats connected to IR box via a jack plug so a red wire and a white wire exposed connect red to possitive terminals on battery and white to negative controller starts to smoke wires are actually hot.?????

Suppose I've buggered controller!!

post a few pics . . .

sounds like a dead short . . . was the controller not fused?

No not fused was only trying on small test battery but I will make up test wire with fuse holder. Can't really see what I've done wrong.

It's only a cheap I R controller do you think that's the problem.

So took IR controller apart and rgb and black wire where it's attached to circuit board all wires melted together.are there better controllers available they all seem to be the same! Don't think I did anything wrong other than not putting fuse in feed from battery doh!

So guys think I will try RF controller next what do you think.

Post a few pics of what you have.

Some led strip are wired backwards.

Some led controller are 5v some are 13v.

Some RGB strips are 5wire analogue, some are 4wire digital.....

Same with the controller.

So, what have you got?

More info..

Some pics and thanks for your help it's appreciated.note fuse has only been used since you suggested it !!

IMG_20220529_110136024.jpg

IMG_20220529_110328666.jpg

IMG_20220529_111700091_HDR.jpg

The led strip looks to be a

R -
G -
B -
+ pos

Screenshot_20220529-122721_Chrome.jpg

Controller looks like a

R
G
B

Style.

Screenshot_20220529-122951_Chrome.jpg

So you should have had the 4wire connectors like this?

Screenshot_20220529-123300_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220529-123251_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220529-123226_Chrome.jpg

Can you post a close up of the 4wire connectors?

Time for a new RGB 4wire controller then....?

Yes I think you're right are there better ones?? I've only seen the very cheap ones think I might prefer a RF one

Back