Cargo LED lighting wiring

Race0360

VIP Member
Hi
I am a newbie to this site. I have just bought an old RAC 2017 T6 van to convert to a camper van later next year.
I have read a few of the treads to install Led lights in cargo but still confused.

In the cargo area there two Black connectors with 3 wires which I think are the original connecters for the standard courtesy lamps.
At present when you open the side door and tailgate the cab light comes on and goes off on timer and locking and unlocking vehicle.

I think this had two lights originally fitted wiring and connections the same.

I was going to solder the 3 wires` off the rear light connector to the 3 wires to the middle connector and then connect to led wires which is red (live) and Black (Negative).

The factory connecter has 1 2 3 on it. In layman's terms can someone tell me do I connect the red off Led to Brown or Brown/Red or black off led etc etc to the wires on connector 1 2 3

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Plug 1.jpg

Plug 2.jpg

Brown is permanent negative
Brown with a stripe is door switched negative
Red with a stripe is positive

If you want your lights to come on and off automatically with vehicle unlocking/door opening then you need to connect LED red to vans red with a stripe and then connect LED black to the brown with a stripe

ps no need to solder the any of the factory wiring together, if you dont use one of the plugs just tuck it up in the roof

So I refresh post a bit
what to do with brown permanent negative don't use it at all?
Im gonna use LED downlight with dimming switch.
this one
⬇️

Screenshot_20230710_212536_eBay.jpg

Back