Carista - How I Done It -

For EU6 engines most likely: 31103 - SCR NOx Catalyst Bank 1 P20EE 00 [096] - Efficiency too Low.
This is very common, usually harmless, but there are also quite opposite cases...
Good ol vw assist out in the morning :thumbsdown:

Method A doesn’t seem to work on all vehicles so they added B as a alternative

Thanks Pauly
That makes sense why it doesn't work
I'll try method B
I'll be honest and say without this forum I'd have been screwed on quite a few issues
That might have meant a trip to the stealers
Thanks

I’d like to turn the DRLs off while the handbrake is on but can’t find the option

Carista tweaks available for T6 today - a few additions since start of thread.
b_Carista Code-0-Main.png

Doors/Windows/Remote
b_Carista Code-1-Doors,Windows,Remote.png

Instruments/Display/Dings
b_Carista Code-2-Instruments,Display,Dings.png

Lights
b_Carista Code-3-Lights.png

Other
b_Carista Code-4-Other.png
Hmmm... The Forum scales the pictures - the originals are exactly of same width :notworthy:.

Last edited:
A kind of basic diagnostic limitation in Carista compared with other cheap'ish tools is lacking capability to show other than active fault codes. It's certainly true that inactive or intermittent are not really important at the moment of warning light showing up - so no need to worry about all the faults of the past. Anyway, had some correspondence with Carista so let's see what there will available be in future.

Snapshots of a van with Carista and OBD11. Carista is missing all inactive engine faults.
Carista_only_current_Faults.jpg
OBD11_00_Scan_3 Faults.jpg OBD11_01a_Fault_general_view_T6F.jpg OBD11_01b_Fault_expanded_view_T6F.jpg
And, no, I didn't activate my Carista trial period yet - waiting for next major revision upgrade - doesn't make any difference in this case

Last edited:
Hi @Dellmassive, I've just logged onto Amazon to get me a Carista dongle and was presented with this...
Screenshot_20190409-222752.png
The warning is a little confusing so I went a little further and got...
Screenshot_20190409-222928.png
So apparently it doesn't work with anything? Are there different versions of the dongle?

I asked that question and noone answered so I guess it's right!
Maybe a different version that Amazon have. Prob best to buy direct.

I was edging towards the 'suck it and see' purchase but other stuff got in the way. It'll be good to know, thanks @Jongall

Back