Caravelle leather interior

Steve Willo

T6 Pro
Hi all,

I am considering swapping my kombi interior for a pair of caravelle front seats & rear bench/bed. Has anyone does this & does it work ok? More importantly, is the rear seat that converts into a bed comfortable for 2 people to sleep on?

TIA

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

Cant help too much, but I am booked in to convert my new T6.1 to Caravelle 7 seater with Kernow in February. Richard has been great there, so give him a shout and have a chat with him.

We like the idea of the flexibility of having a changeable layout in the back. I am sure the bed isn't going to be the best (!), but it is a daily driver/weekender for us as we have a motorhome for longer trips.

He has also sorted out the windows and is doing the lining/roof and fitting VanShades for me.

Photos will follow....

Hi all,

I am considering swapping my kombi interior for a pair of caravelle front seats & rear bench/bed. Has anyone does this & does it work ok? More importantly, is the rear seat that converts into a bed comfortable for 2 people to sleep on?

TIA
Yes, there is quite a few have done this, myself included. The seat is comfy for sleeping on. Me and the wife use a duvalay which has a 4cm memory foam mattress in it too.

I changed my Highline captains chairs to Caravelle leather/ alcantara captain chairs and they are much more comfy and bolstered like car seats.
I don't need a bed in the van but I had the rear Kombi 2+1 seats re-trimmed to match.
One of the best upgrades IMO

Yes this is a good swap. The front Caravelle comfort seats are more supportive.

Be aware that the full Nappa leather seats are actually a mix of leather and pleather (faux plastic leather)

Don't forget that you'll need the multiflex board in addition to the rear seat to make the bed long enough.

I did just this and had the Caravelle floor rails fitted along with the rear bench and two middle single swivel seats. I have used the bed numerous times now with an IKEA mattress topper and to be fair its pretty comfortable. I fold my single seats over and use the Caravelle table to fill the gap. I did look at getting a multiflex board but didn't in the end due to COVID.

I will be using it this weekend as I have promised my son we could camp on the drive, more than happy to send a pic of it set up.

I did just this and had the Caravelle floor rails fitted along with the rear bench and two middle single swivel seats. I have used the bed numerous times now with an IKEA mattress topper and to be fair its pretty comfortable. I fold my single seats over and use the Caravelle table to fill the gap. I did look at getting a multiflex board but didn't in the end due to COVID.

I will be using it this weekend as I have promised my son we could camp on the drive, more than happy to send a pic of it set up.
That would be great thanks.

Back