Car washing

After washing mine last week, and rinsing it off, I noticed it wasn't completely clean. Infact it needed a bit more elbow grease with the sponge than I liked. I just did a small area, but didn't like the amount of "scrubbing" I was having to do to get the muck off, so what products do you recommend to give a good deep clean?

I use Demon Foam plus jet wash, then sponge, then rinse.

After washing mine last week, and rinsing it off, I noticed it wasn't completely clean. Infact it needed a bit more elbow grease with the sponge than I liked. I just did a small area, but didn't like the amount of "scrubbing" I was having to do to get the muck off, so what products do you recommend to give a good deep clean?

I use Demon Foam plus jet wash, then sponge, then rinse.
I find a good wax after washing always helps next time it comes to cleaning and one coat usually lasts over a month in winter :thumbsup:

After washing I often wipe the van over with Amorall Shield, it repels the dirt really well and lasts for weeks.

Please please please never use a sponge on your pride and joy, all you are doing is to drag all the grit and crap over your paintwork which will cause very small scratches . A lambswool wash mitt with two bucket method is the only way to wash your van . You may not notice the damage your causing to the paintwork until a couple of months and when the suns shinning on your paint you will then see the damage you've caused .

Please please please never use a sponge on your pride and joy, all you are doing is to drag all the grit and crap over your paintwork which will cause very small scratches . A lambswool wash mitt with two bucket method is the only way to wash your van . You may not notice the damage your causing to the paintwork until a couple of months and when the suns shinning on your paint you will then see the damage you've caused .

Thoughts on the one bucket method and multiple wash mitts ? :whistle:

Well this forum is costing me a fortune. Just bought a pressure washer (for snow foam application), various buckets, grit guards ant lotions and potions. Don't even have a build week for my van yet. I figured 2nd bucket etc for 2 bucket method was a small expense.

BTW bought a lot of my stuff from Slim's Detailing, good range and they even rang me to apologise that they did not manage to ship out the same day I ordered. That is very rare. Slim's Detailing | Car Detailing Care & Valeting Supplies

Reactions: HHO
Well this forum is costing me a fortune. Just bought a pressure washer (for snow foam application), various buckets, grit guards ant lotions and potions. Don't even have a build week for my van yet. I figured 2nd bucket etc for 2 bucket method was a small expense.

BTW bought a lot of my stuff from Slim's Detailing, good range and they even rang me to apologise that they did not manage to ship out the same day I ordered. That is very rare. Slim's Detailing | Car Detailing Care & Valeting Supplies
Don't forget the horse hair brushes to tickle your badges ;)

I have been using the six bucket method and sometimes the eight bucket method. I have to walk about 150m to where my van is parked, carrying two buckets at a time. By the time I get to the van both buckets are half empty and both my trouser legs are wet, doh!!!!!

I have been using the six bucket method and sometimes the eight bucket method. I have to walk about 150m to where my van is parked, carrying two buckets at a time. By the time I get to the van both buckets are half empty and both my trouser legs are wet, doh!!!!!
Damn I have a lot to learn..I've using one bucket or the Romanians at Sainsbury's

I popped into my local Asda to get some cash. Drove past the 'hand' car wash area they have there.
Nice looking Merc getting a going over with a yard brush dipped in a bucket.......

Back