Why Are Dealer's So Bad?

Bobby Turkalino

Relocations Estimator
T6 Guru
I sell for a living and to me product knowledge is everything, before I bought my converted T6 I looked at buying a California. Went to a van centre near us, they had no knowledge of offers or finance on the website, forgot to give promised discounts and never returned calls and I voted with my feet, never looked back.

My wife was looking to replace her car and went to a local Skoda dealer to try the new Scala, she really liked it but again the guy got the figures wrong, miscalculated the interest and when she pointed out this to him on email he still didn't get it.

After looking on the net she found a car she liked at a much better price, only thing was the dealer is in the same group as the van centre where we looked at the California and is in the same building.

Was not keen but went along test drive it and it drives really well but the spec is totally different from the advert and when we ran the figures they try and say it's over £2k more than advertised.

Another 40 minutes if my life I will never get back trying to explain to the guy that they are charging us £1200 for a sat have it does not have!. They re ran the figures and the costs and payments were still the same!

Had enough and walked out..how the hell do these guys sell anything?

I sell for a living and to me product knowledge is everything, before I bought my converted T6 I looked at buying a California. Went to a van centre near us, they had no knowledge of offers or finance on the website, forgot to give promised discounts and never returned calls and I voted with my feet, never looked back.

My wife was looking to replace her car and went to a local Skoda dealer to try the new Scala, she really liked it but again the guy got the figures wrong, miscalculated the interest and when she pointed out this to him on email he still didn't get it.

After looking on the net she found a car she liked at a much better price, only thing was the dealer is in the same group as the van centre where we looked at the California and is in the same building.

Was not keen but went along test drive it and it drives really well but the spec is totally different from the advert and when we ran the figures they try and say it's over £2k more than advertised.

Another 40 minutes if my life I will never get back trying to explain to the guy that they are charging us £1200 for a sat have it does not have!. They re ran the figures and the costs and payments were still the same!

Had enough and walked out..how the hell do these guys sell anything?

You ever thought about asking people like @BognorMotors to price you on vehicles? They aren't far from you and at least you know you won't go wrong with the service they offer.

When I was looking for the last car I bought, I was about to sign the deal whn I asked about some extra costs. I asked three times and all I got was I will explain those in a minute and kept pushing the forms to me to sign.
The third time was the last, I picked up all the forms ripped them up with him running after me as me and SWMBO as we walked out of the showroom asking, what went wrong!!!!
They seem to forget there are other dealers out there.

When I was looking for the last car I bought, I was about to sign the deal whn I asked about some extra costs. I asked three times and all I got was I will explain those in a minute and kept pushing the forms to me to sign.
The third time was the last, I picked up all the forms ripped them up with him running after me as me and SWMBO as we walked out of the showroom asking, what went wrong!!!!
They seem to forget there are other dealers out there.

All they needed today was "we got our figures wrong, sorry" instead they kept going backwards and forwards to an office to try and make it work but we knew they couldn't.

If the are like this before you buy what will happen when something goes wrong????

I’ve been trying to resolve a few issues with a Vw dealership. I bought the van last month and had some niggles to do with bumper damage and the multipoint check. Trying to resolve the bumper and gain some pretty straightforward information from them has been like getting blood out of a stone. In fact the communication from the sales manager is so bad that it’s almost as if he’s being deliberately antagonistic . It’s like anti Customer service!

I guess this is a specialty of a lot of car dealers whether approved or not.... it’s certainly rattled me a bit though

Back