Car washing

Having had mine cleaned by the dealer prior to collection . Never again.
Went elsewhere to remove all the marks and added a gtechniq ceramic coating afterwards.
Dealer has agreed to foot the bill for the damage which is good . Sticker on the dash moving forward to say DO NOT CLEAN.
Maybe a bit OCD but I would rather have a dirty van than let other people wash it.

Having had mine cleaned by the dealer prior to collection . Never again.
Went elsewhere to remove all the marks and added a gtechniq ceramic coating afterwards.
Dealer has agreed to foot the bill for the damage which is good . Sticker on the dash moving forward to say DO NOT CLEAN.
Maybe a bit OCD but I would rather have a dirty van than let other people wash it.
Exactly what I do.

Just had mine coated with the Williams ceramic coating and a top layer of wax for a nice shine. The coating is supposed to last 3 years and the wax re done every 6 months. Have to say it looks better than when I collected it 12 months and 27k miles ago. Beaded up lovely in the rain today.

Getting better at this foam lark and getting me detailing skills better. I have only done me van twice from new as this time of year i find it pointless with the sh@t that's on the roads. Keep washing can do more damage than good especially if it not done right and im no expert. I had a good coating put on it when it was new to help protect the paint so when the better weather comes it should still be a good finnish.

20170120_115905.jpg 20170120_135149.jpg 20170120_135243.jpg

Getting better at this foam lark and getting me detailing skills better. I have only done me van twice from new as this time of year i find it pointless with the sh@t that's on the roads. Keep washing can do more damage than good especially if it not done right and im no expert. I had a good coating put on it when it was new to help protect the paint so when the better weather comes it should still be a good finnish.

View attachment 4313 View attachment 4314 View attachment 4315
White does look great when it's clean though!

I do agree @Caravellet6 but it it also gets dirty quick too. Never had a white vehicle before but i do like it more and more...........good job really :)

Going to snowfoam mine in the morning , wash the salt and road crap off . Two bucket wash , towel dry and a quick detailing spray to keep it nice and shiny .
Looking forward to my PB big brake kit being delivered next week and going to fit new tyres at same time .

View attachment 4313 View attachment 4314 View attachment 4315
Jeez @StudleyGlass what have you washed it with, you've turned it golden! That must be some pretty awesome shampoo, either that or your middle name is Rumplestiltskin.

Polish hand car wash down the road - £4 done. Although this thread is making me think I should rethink this but it's always spotless and no signs of paint damage

A wobbly ladder and a slightly nervous expression.

This is exactly what I was wondering! Being myself 5ft 7 and struggle to de-ice the windscreen in the morning let alone clean the roof! ;-)
The thought of falling off the wobbly ladder and scraping the side of the van is not a good one! I guess I was wondering whether anyone uses any long reach type tools which allow a good clean, with no risk of damaging.

"Polish hand car wash down the road - £4 done. Although this thread is making me think I should rethink this" - Making me think the same. I have been paying a chap who comes to our work £15 a wash. Nice and convenient, but although the paint wash looks good, the sidebars etc have not been cleaned as well.

Back