Car washing

Thoughts on the one bucket method and multiple wash mitts ? :whistle:
The problem with one bucket is your rinsing your dirty wash mit in your clean water , evan with a grit guard you'll still get small bits of grit on your mitt. With a second bucket of water you'll rinse all the grime from your mitt before loading it back up with with clean soapy water . By the way try not to use any type of washing up liquid as the detergents are very aggressive and will eventually take any wax / sealant of your paintwork . Try to use a PH neutral wash additive .
A great place for detailing products are Autobrite direct at Stoke , great guy's and very helpful .

Gave mine its first wash yesterday (by me that is), with my newly purchased pressure washer, lambs wool mitt etc. Already looks like it needs a clean having driven to and from work today through country roads! :-(

Has anyone else noticed lots of small black specks over their paintwork? I assume it is tar and have got some tar remover, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Any problems with using it? There is no way I will be able to apply just to the specs as they are too small, so I want to make sure it won't damage the paintwork.

Gave mine its first wash yesterday (by me that is), with my newly purchased pressure washer, lambs wool mitt etc. Already looks like it needs a clean having driven to and from work today through country roads! :-(

Has anyone else noticed lots of small black specks over their paintwork? I assume it is tar and have got some tar remover, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Any problems with using it? There is no way I will be able to apply just to the specs as they are too small, so I want to make sure it won't damage the paintwork.
You won't damage the paint with tar and glue remover, but you will strip any wax or polish.

Best to dab it on then wipe it off with a damp MF cloth. Don't cover the whole van in it.
It's powerful stuff but fine if used carefully.

Cheers chaps. Gonna take a while, its all over the side bars as well! Horrible stuff! I need to give it a proper polish anyway so I'll get the tar off and then a proper polish and glaze.

I use Zaino z-2 layered, and it gives a brilliant deep shine.

Back