Campingaz 907 Refill Prices

I just bought a 907 refill at Gooutdoors, they charge 34.99 for members (£5 for membership) and you get a further 10% discount if you are a camping and caravan club member.

Do you know if the 10% C&C discount just applies to Camping Gaz, or all the products in Go Outdoors?

I still have a 907 bottle going if any one is interested 15 quid an it's yours, even has some gas in it. I'm near Oxford

By coincidence, I've just come back from a trip to Go Outdoors in Gloucester. Turned out to be a waste of time but I can confirm their price as £34.99 for the refill and also noted their price for a cylinder and refill as £74.99. Even with an extra 10% discount for whatever club you belong to or organisation you work for, Go make Attwools look cheap. To add insult to injury, the Go display has all the various gas producers sitting next door to each other on the shelf which lets you see just how cheap all the others are in comparison to Camping Gaz.

A couple of pointers than may help. I have notice that when abroad 907 easily obtained, other sizes quite difficult.

In Spain, if you see a REPOSOL lorry delivering, the drivers are quite happy to do you an exchange, I've done them at the roadside. equivalent cost, about £3

In Holland, as you drive through smaller Towns, you will often see a Calor sign outside a house. They have facilities for refilling bottles, again, very cheap, about £2.50 for 907. They will fill any bottle and they do this by weighing the bottle as they fill it. Each bottle has a specific weight, to avoid overfilling.
As with so many things, we are absolutely ripped off in this country by Calor.
I also found, when I was working, the same happened with BOC, who absolutely ripped off industry for bottled Oxygen, Acetylene etc.etc. Including the NHS for all their essential gasses.

• Love
Reactions: JOG
I wasn’t “done” I didn’t buy it:p we’ve got a Gaslow system. I noticed the price in an Intermarche in St Vaast. Whichever way you look at it, it’s still a very expensive way of buying 2.5kg of gas.

Any chance of some photos of how you done the gaslow install .. I'm just ordering bits now to do it myself .. specifically where you have mounted the external filler plate or nozzle connection and did you need a bigger gas locker or was your original one big enough ... assuming you upgraded from 907 to gas low refillable type

Thanks

Paid the equivalent of £10.50 for a camping gaz 907 refill/exchange last month in Portugal. It was direct from a gas distributor. Genuine sealed bottle. :)

Any chance of some photos of how you done the gaslow install .. I'm just ordering bits now to do it myself .. specifically where you have mounted the external filler plate or nozzle connection and did you need a bigger gas locker or was your original one big enough ... assuming you upgraded from 907 to gas low refillable type

Thanks
Have a look here
Random Question About Creating Exterior Access.

Mine is a 6kg bottle & fits in the standard Dirty Weekender gas locker. I don’t know if this is a standard size.

I'm currently looking at chorleybottlegas.co.uk, they supply used full R907 for £40 plus £7.50 shipping

Just exchanged a 907 this morning at my local supplier, £34

I've just done a quick look around gas refill prices..

SupplierSize KgSize LitresRefil cost£ per Kg£ per Litre
Auto gas - UK£ 0.64
GAZ - UK
2.70​
4.644​
£ 34.00£ 12.59£ 7.32
GAZ - France
2.70​
4.644​
£ 23.04£ 8.53£ 4.96
Calor
4.50​
7.74​
£ 23.95£ 5.32£ 3.09
Calor
6.00​
10.32​
£ 21.95£ 3.66£ 2.13
Calor
7.00​
12.04​
£ 30.95£ 4.42£ 2.57
Calor
12.00​
20.64​
£ 36.00£ 3.00£ 1.74
Calor
13.00​
22.36​
£ 38.50£ 2.96£ 1.72
Calor
15.00​
25.8​
£ 44.25£ 2.95£ 1.72
Calor
19.00​
32.68​
£ 39.95£ 2.10£ 1.22
Calor
47.00​
80.84​
£ 74.95£ 1.59£ 0.93

Does something tell you that we are being ripped off with Camping GAZ especially in the UK!

I think we are getting ripped off and I expect it will get worse as the 'staycation' becomes a buzzword for the great-unwashed.
If I used more than I do I might complain a little more but my current bottle is now 1/4 full after 2 years! Tea and pasta!
When you exchanged your bottle @Phil_G what condition was the bottle in?
Is there anywhere (except the likes of GoOutdoors, camping shops etc) that refill the container you take to them? The number of times I've been to look at various exchange sites and the replacement 907's have been rusty crappy things you wouldn't want to have inside the van.

The bottle I took was perfect, like new, and the one I got in return was almost like new, obviously been out before but perfectly ok, clean and with a new net sleeve.
No reputable dealer should have rusty gas containers on his premises. There was a TV programme recently where they showed 'inside a gaz factory' where cans are sandblasted resprayed and logo'd up before going for refill and resale - this is partly why they're expensive.
Like you, mine lasted two years of cuppas, pastas, toast... I think its those with gas heating and Cadacs that drain them quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we are getting ripped off and I expect it will get worse as the 'staycation' becomes a buzzword for the great-unwashed.
If I used more than I do I might complain a little more but my current bottle is now 1/4 full after 2 years! Tea and pasta!
Is there anywhere (except the likes of GoOutdoors, camping shops etc) that refill the container you take to them? The number of times I've been to look at various exchange sites and the replacement 907's have been rusty crappy things you wouldn't want to have inside the van.
There should be no places except I think Calor in the UK filling Camping Gaz cylinders. Maybe I'm wrong about the franchise being Calor but I believe it is only one franchised company doing it in the UK. If of course they are having to go back to France to be refilled then it's no wonder we are paying over the odds for them. When I've bought refills in France at supermarkets they have always been pristine looking.

If only there was more than the gap between the rear suspension to fit a fixed tank on a T5 or T6 then we could fill at less than 70p per litre, that would be a saving of well over £20 per filling. Unfortunately my water tank uses that space.

Back