Campingaz 907 Refill Prices

My 6kg Gaslow costs under a fiver & lasts all year. Just sayin’
Indeed - thus demonstrating the rip-off nature of Campingaz. I see the R67 appears to be a replacement for a 907. £160 for the cylinder though - and it's wise to have a spare, so we're talking big money. I might go down the DIY refill from a 15k Calor cylinder route - - -

Indeed - thus demonstrating the rip-off nature of Campingaz. I see the R67 appears to be a replacement for a 907. £160 for the cylinder though - and it's wise to have a spare, so we're talking big money. I might go down the DIY refill from a 15k Calor cylinder route - - -
The point of having a refillable cylinder like the Gaslow system is that you don’t need to carry a spare. You never empty the cylinder, just top it up when you’re passing a LPG pump, you don’t have to wait until it’s empty.

Reactions: CAB
The point of having a refillable cylinder like the Gaslow system is that you don’t need to carry a spare. You never empty the cylinder, just top it up when you’re passing a LPG pump, you don’t have to wait until it’s empty.
Indeed. The last time we ran out we were on Mull. Before that, Barra. No refill points there. When the cylinder is in a gas safe, in a cupboard that requires the contents to be removed before the safe can be opened, it's a faff to check and top up before an outing. This said, the price differential is attractive. Accepting you have the larger bottle, is the connection the same as the Calor equivalent? I wonder if the 907 and R67 connectors are the same.

Indeed. The last time we ran out we were on Mull. Before that, Barra. No refill points there. When the cylinder is in a gas safe, in a cupboard that requires the contents to be removed before the safe can be opened, it's a faff to check and top up before an outing. This said, the price differential is attractive. Accepting you have the larger bottle, is the connection the same as the Calor equivalent? I wonder if the 907 and R67 connectors are the same.
Mine’s a fixed 6kg bottle buried in the rear gas locker. It’s permanently plumbed in with an external filling point. We spend at least 100 nights/year in the van, including a 6 week winter skiing trip & a 2 month summer trip. We do lots of BBQing & kettle boiling, all using the onboard gas. We fill up once/year

Mine’s a fixed 6kg bottle buried in the rear gas locker. It’s permanently plumbed in with an external filling point. We spend at least 100 nights/year in the van, including a 6 week winter skiing trip & a 2 month summer trip. We do lots of BBQing & kettle boiling, all using the onboard gas. We fill up once/year
Sounds like there is much to be said for that. Although it was never mentioned when we were having the conversion done. I suppose we could use the existing set up with a permanent install and an external fill point. More faff though. On checking, it seems our nearest fill stations are essentially too far from us to be practical, annoyingly, so that plan's a non-starter. Likewise, no supply on any of our usual routes of travel. There are no filling points for "direct fill" cylinders anywhere within an acceptable radius. Back to Plan B.

just fill our gaslow as and when, as everything else theres an app. means when abroad its easier too.

Back