Campingaz 907 Refill Prices

I wasn’t “done” I didn’t buy it:p we’ve got a Gaslow system. I noticed the price in an Intermarche in St Vaast. Whichever way you look at it, it’s still a very expensive way of buying 2.5kg of gas.

Good! I always buy 907 refills in France as they are always cheaper than the UK.

I can't get a Gaslow in unfortunately and my Autosleeper type rear water tank prevents me fitting the under-slung tank between the rear trailing arms.

£150 delivered seems a lot :eek: I've no experience of using LPG, does the pump allow you to select butane?

£150 delivered seems a lot :eek: I've no experience of using LPG, does the pump allow you to select butane?
If that’s for the complete kit, it sounds pretty reasonable to me. If you use your van regularly, it’ll soon pay for itself. Don’t forget that you only need one cylinder as you don’t have to run it empty & swap it. You just keep topping it up, so you’re not sending gas back in the (partially) empty one.
You fill it at the special LPG/Autogas pump at the garage.

Cheers, what I meant was how do you know if the LPG pump is giving you butane or propane LPG? I've never really looked closely at an LPG pump!

Just to add to this, I went into my local camping shop this morning and looked at their prices for 907 cylinders. They charge £29 for a cylinder and £30 for the refill. I suspect that I'll be looking at alternatives at some point in the future and if it fits in my gas cabinet, the Gaslow 907 replacement is looking good at the moment.

Just to add to this, I went into my local camping shop this morning and looked at their prices for 907 cylinders. They charge £29 for a cylinder and £30 for the refill. I suspect that I'll be looking at alternatives at some point in the future and if it fits in my gas cabinet, the Gaslow 907 replacement is looking good at the moment.
Was that Attwools or John States?

Attwools - I didn't know John Stayte sold Campingaz. That said, I looked at their [JS] website and the smallest exchange Calor Gas cylinder that they do is 4.5Kg at £19 with the 7Kg one at £26 (neither of which are any good to me at the moment with my 907 size locker). Non-exchange prices are £59 and £66 respectively. More evidence that Campingaz are very overpriced. I wonder whether there are any adapters/converters out there to allow easy switching between Camping and Calor (and vice versa).

Attwools - I didn't know John Stayte sold Campingaz. That said, I looked at their [JS] website and the smallest exchange Calor Gas cylinder that they do is 4.5Kg at £19 with the 7Kg one at £26 (neither of which are any good to me at the moment with my 907 size locker). Non-exchange prices are £59 and £66 respectively. More evidence that Campingaz are very overpriced. I wonder whether there are any adapters/converters out there to allow easy switching between Camping and Calor (and vice versa).
That saved me a trip up to check their prices...

It's not cheap, I am seriously considering a transfer system and weighing the gas into the 907..

You an pick up the 907 bottles off ebay, facebook or other selling sites for a fraction of the price. I found a near full 907 cylinder for £20. And it fits my gas locker :)

We find that our 907 lasts at least a season, so the cost is not a big part of holidaying, but then we tend to use other fuel sources for most cooking.

As an aside, I have a spare empty 907 cylinder if anyone wants it - need to collect from West Mids though.

Pete

Now £167 for the gaslow tank, and having read the filling instructions it seems more aggro than its worth. Seems no one is qualified to actually fill them, nor can they be taken out of the "vessel" to be filled at an LPG filling station.

Now £167 for the gaslow tank, and having read the filling instructions it seems more aggro than its worth. Seems no one is qualified to actually fill them, nor can they be taken out of the "vessel" to be filled at an LPG filling station.

???

From the Gaslow web-page now ---
£143.00
delivery £7,80 by Parcelforce 24
All prices include VAT

= £150.80

As far as I am aware there are no qualifications necessary to fill, they use the same filling connection as an LPG vehicle. Customer connects the hose / nozzle and fills from self service LPG 'pump'.

We find that our 907 lasts at least a season, so the cost is not a big part of holidaying, but then we tend to use other fuel sources for most cooking.

As an aside, I have a spare empty 907 cylinder if anyone wants it - need to collect from West Mids though.

Pete

PM Sent.

Don't the camping gaz refills just take your pristine, clean bottle and give you a rusty, sh1tty one? Didn't think anyone actually refilled your bottle?

Don't the camping gaz refills just take your pristine, clean bottle and give you a rusty, sh1tty one? Didn't think anyone actually refilled your bottle?
Correct, we once exchanged a pristine one in Morocco and he gave me the worst looking rusty thing I have ever seen, I protested and he took me out back to a pile of full ones that had literally been tipped off the back of a truck all the same state and said take your pick!
When that was empty back in the UK, no one would accept it for exchange and I had to buy another!

I have a 907 bottle I don't use any more, free if you want to pick it up even still has gas in it though not sure how much

Back