Campingaz 907 Refill Prices

P

Phil_G

Just paid £33 at my local gas yard, a quick scan online shows this is typical for 2.75 kgs of gas...
I thought I remembered my last one was twenty something, but maybe not.
For anyone who wants a spare, Towsure have empty 907s for £14.
Cheers
Phil

Just paid £33 at my local gas yard, a quick scan online shows this is typical for 2.75 kgs of gas...
I thought I remembered my last one was twenty something, but maybe not.
For anyone who wants a spare, Towsure have empty 907s for £14.

Unfortunately, £33 sounds about right. Have seen some at £35+.

The price of Campingaz in the UK is ridiculous! We have three 907 cylinders now and I always try and get them refilled when we are in France where the price is supermarkets (Carrefour, Hyper-U, etc.) is half that of the UK.

Had to go and get a refill on my 907 cylinder on Sunday. £34.99 from Go-Outdoors, even with a discount card! Bloody daylight robbery. It only cost me £7 for 10lt of autogas, shame that a leak deposited all of that into the atmosphere which is why I had to rely on the 907 in the first place.

£30 at my local caravan shop and I had to check prices to make sure I wasn't stung! I'm now booked in for an underslung. I've been refilling standard propane bottles for years, but the camper will only take a 907 without some major rejigging (and it doesn't have a proper gas locker) so I thought I would just get rid of the cylinders altogether.

Last edited:
I've been refilling standard propane bottles for years
Now that would make an interesting thread! How to, what with, where to get connectors etc...

Yes 907s are a very expensive way of doing it, but the 904 is even worse! £28 for 1.8kg!

Price of the 907 refills is ridiculous but, like many of you, we are restricted by the size of our gas locker. One thing I have considered is switching over to using EN417 cartridges (6, which totals just 80grams less gas than the 907, for £22.49 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Coleman-Ex...00&hvtargid=pla-438019703487&psc=1&th=1&psc=1 ), possibly via bulk head mounting the Cadac Power Pak to connect two up at once. Added bonus, with these cartridges tending to be a propane/butane mix, would be more efficient running in colder conditions. Has anyone gone down this route?

Is there a safe way to refill these gas bottles from a normal LPG pump?

I have seen the filler adapters on ebay for 20 quid or so but i guess there should be some sort of pressure blow off valve to stop overfilling of the bottle?

Now that would make an interesting thread! How to, what with, where to get connectors etc...

Yes 907s are a very expensive way of doing it, but the 904 is even worse! £28 for 1.8kg!

It's literally 11 or 12 years since I looked into into and started refilling bottles, after I got rumped pricewise buying a refillable bottle. Refillable bottles have an 80% cut off built in which allows for expansion in warmer temps. Filling the non-refillable bottles do not have this cut off and it is calculated by the gas companies on filling. Refilling yourself is not "allowed for" in regulations but is not unlawful. I am aware that best practice guides have since been released advising that the re-filling of standard bottles should not be allowed. (I still refill my Cadac one).

I use a calor gas alulite (or similar) bottle that weighs about 3kg empty, and you simply obtain the litres capacity held for by the bottles online and then fill up at the pump making sure that no more is pumped than they originally held. Some of the adapters for filling have an engraved 80% scale on (like mine) or printed. It's all very very simple.

Calor Gas Bottle LPG UK Fill Adapter Filling Point Bayonet - LONG @@@@@@@@@@@@@@ | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

Price of the 907 refills is ridiculous but, like many of you, we are restricted by the size of our gas locker. One thing I have considered is switching over to using EN417 cartridges (6, which totals just 80grams less gas than the 907, for £22.49 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Coleman-Ex...00&hvtargid=pla-438019703487&psc=1&th=1&psc=1 ), possibly via bulk head mounting the Cadac Power Pak to connect two up at once. Added bonus, with these cartridges tending to be a propane/butane mix, would be more efficient running in colder conditions. Has anyone gone down this route?

A very good idea I reckon. I didn't even consider it. The added bonus is that in the event of something going horribly wrong, thin walled cartridges will be a lot safer than thick steel sided bombs! Also, you could even pick some up whilst out shopping.

It's literally 11 or 12 years since I looked into into and started refilling bottles, after I got rumped pricewise buying a refillable bottle. Refillable bottles have an 80% cut off built in which allows for expansion in warmer temps. Filling the non-refillable bottles do not have this cut off and it is calculated by the gas companies on filling. Refilling yourself is not "allowed for" in regulations but is not unlawful. I am aware that best practice guides have since been released advising that the re-filling of standard bottles should not be allowed. (I still refill my Cadac one).

I use a calor gas alulite (or similar) bottle that weighs about 3kg empty, and you simply obtain the litres capacity held for by the bottles online and then fill up at the pump making sure that no more is pumped than they originally held. Some of the adapters for filling have an engraved 80% scale on (like mine) or printed. It's all very very simple.

Calor Gas Bottle LPG UK Fill Adapter Filling Point Bayonet - LONG @@@@@@@@@@@@@@ | eBay

View attachment 42938
Is there an issue with the LPG pumps being propane rather than butane, which the 907s are designed to hold?

Is there an issue with the LPG pumps being propane rather than butane, which the 907s are designed to hold?

Propane is pressurised more than butane, so potentially. I have only ever refilled propane at the pump and my EN bottles (from other canister sources, lighter fuel, BBQ cartridges and the like). What I am saying, is that with a small degree of common sense it can be done. If I were refilling camping gaz, I would consider filling to 70% to be on the safe side.

If I had the gear to do refills, filling to 50% would be fine by me!

These are rusty cylinders but full and slightly cheaper than refills.

I have bought a couple of cylinders from these guys. Good service and the condition of the cylinder is no different (and often better) than the rusty cylinders you get from your local stockist's outdoor storage pound. :thumbsup:

A 907 refill was around the €40 this year in French supermarkets. All hail Gaslow :thumbsup:

Back