Campingaz 907 Refill Prices

2.7KG1_s.jpg

NewGaslow R67 2.7kg Refillable Cylinder No.1
Product no.: 01-4003-67
The NEW Gaslow R67 2.7kg Refillable Cylinder is designed for installation in your caravan/motorhome locker
They can be filled using the Gaslow Filler Kit at thousands of LPG stations across the UK and Europe
Features automatic 80% shut off valve, over pressure relief valve, filter, excess flow valve and new improved gauge.

A typical example of cost savings over exchange cylinders. To fill a Gaslow 2.7kg cylinder would cost you £2.76 which is a 10th of the price of an exchange cylinder of a comparable size!!

Gaslow 2.7kg direct fill cylinder 4.6 litres x £0.60 pence = £2.76*to fill

*price of lpg correct as of 20th January 2016

£143.00 *

Would need a major re-jig of cabinetry, no dedicated gas locker installed (the cylinder is in a cupboard under the hob), coupled with the fact that the capacity of that (and the 907) is so low that it just made sense to bite the bullet and get an underslung as I have a propex heater so can chomp through the gas.

I have been using my 907 witha Camping Gaz Bbq but I have a propaing gas point on my Caravan so stupit question is what fitting do I need to connect to it. Might as well use the gas I have

Thanks for that :thumbsup:
Depending on the Caravan’s connection you might need to make up a short tail with the caravan connector on one end and the quick release the other. We have short hoses with camping gas, patio gas, Cadac power pak, etc., to link in to various supplies via longer hoses with quick release each end (the quick release connectors above go straight into our van’s Gas point)

Just found this thread. My proper heater hasn't been working since collecting the van. Garage had it for 4 weeks and eventually replaced the system. They had it running fine for a couple of days. I've since been testing it regularly to make sure it definitely works. Went out this morning to a nice toasty van but the gas had run out to so it was actually a frozen van. Can't find a local campingaz retailer. I've got a collection of other large bottles all with 3 different regulators.

I was wondering if it was possible to decant from the bigger bottles. Used to do this with air for scuba diving.

Or change the regulator in the van

Or get adaptors to allow me to change from bottle to bottle.

There are adapters available for transferring from larger bottles but obviously it carries a risk of an enormous catastrophe (and I believe its illegal for safety and tax reasons) ;) . Ebay is one source and Youtube shows many examples of refilling, some very dodgy! Its serious brass monkey weather here (-4c), could it be that the gas has lost pressure due to the cold?

Last edited by a moderator:
As a relative newbie to this camper game, I bought a full Campingaz 907 bottle last year - I can't remember the cost but do remember being shocked at it (and also at the then advertised refill cost). That said, we've been using the Campingaz C206 cylinders (the sort where you puncture the top) for years and years in both a small stove and a light when camping and never really gave the cost a second thought. This thread prompted me to look at it and I now see that they contain a 190g of butane/propane mix and at todays Go Outdoor price, worked out that it would cost about £39 to buy the equivalent of a full 907 which now seems extortionate. Out of curiosity, I also looked at the cost of the 'tall' (and removable) cylinders used in our other camping stove which is the ubiquitous 12" square/3" tall jobbie and worked out that the 907 equivalent in those cylinders (227G of butane) would come in at around £23, again from Go Outdoors. Interestingly (in a nerdy way), you can also buy the same amount from Amazon for about £11 including shipping. We've got quite a few of both types stashed away from our camping days and I think we might start using them before turning on the Smev in the van again as it's only usually used for boiling the kettle.

Went to knowepark caravans in Livingston. I got a refill at £39 and got a full second bottle as I don't want to run out on a trip £90. £129 for gas better last a long long time.

... and got a full second bottle as I don't want to run out on a trip £90.
Ah I wish you'd said, Towsure sell empty 907's for £12 plus a refill is a lot less than £90 :eek:
My local 907 refills are £33 - and I find they last well with typical camping use though I do use one of those flat, square cannister-hobs too as frying isnt allowed in the van, house rule!
Cans for those hobs are so cheap... £3 or so for a four-pack ... but is there the equivalent of 11 cans in a 907 for your £33?... ;)

Campingaz 907 Refillable Gas Cylinder (Empty)

907.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I stupidly never asked the price until she asked me to pay. I choked when she broke it down. I expected about £20 for the cylinder "hire". I should've said no thanks but it's done now ( so am I lol, glass doors into the shop).

Last year a 907 exchange refill was €43 in the French supermarkets. Refillable Gaslow/Gasit is the way to go. £4/6kg from the local LPG pump.

Cans for those hobs are so cheap... £3 or so for a four-pack ... but is there the equivalent of 11 cans in a 907 for your £33?... ;)

Phil, See my post above - £11 buys you 12 canisters of butane from Amazon which is close enough to being equivalent to a full 907. Methinks Campingaz are taking the p1ss!

Out of interest, has anybody got a rough order of costs for having a Propex tank or similar fitted please?

Phil, See my post above - £11 buys you 12 canisters of butane from Amazon which is close enough to being equivalent to a full 907. Methinks Campingaz are taking the p1ss!

Out of interest, has anybody got a rough order of costs for having a Propex tank or similar fitted please?
My Gaslow hardware, cylinder/filler hose/regulator/bbq take off, was around £200. Then you’ve got fitting which will depend on your circumstances.

Last year a 907 exchange refill was €43 in the French supermarkets. Refillable Gaslow/Gasit is the way to go. £4/6kg from the local LPG pump.

We only paid €19 for Campingaz refills in a supermarket in central France last year. Replaced both of ours even though one was still about a quarter full to save paying stupid UK prices. €14 in Carrefour in Portugal. Shows what a rip off the UK prices are.

I think you were 'done' with that price, the price in France for a refill at a supermarket is normally less than €25 BUT the checkout staff often don't know how to charge for a refill so you can easily end up paying the full new cylinder price!

I think you were 'done' with that price, the price in France for a refill at a supermarket is normally less than €25 BUT the checkout staff often don't know how to charge for a refill so you can easily end up paying the full new cylinder price!
I wasn’t “done” I didn’t buy it:p we’ve got a Gaslow system. I noticed the price in an Intermarche in St Vaast. Whichever way you look at it, it’s still a very expensive way of buying 2.5kg of gas.

Back