Campingaz 907 Refill Prices

I work in Middleton stoney, what were you thinking of for the gas bottle?

Cheers, what I meant was how do you know if the LPG pump is giving you butane or propane LPG? I've never really looked closely at an LPG pump!

It's a blend Phil called Autogas. A propane regulator will correct the pressure with no bother. If you are lucky and are near a Calor Gas depot, some will fill your bottle/tank and only charge 5% heating VAT instead of road fuel duty which is charged at the petrol stations.

Loz, A bit late but further to my post of 3/12 above, I had to go into John Stayte (Stroud) this morning and saw that they charge £26.25 for the 907 cylinder and a further £35.50 for the gas.

Loz, A bit late but further to my post of 3/12 above, I had to go into John Stayte (Stroud) this morning and saw that they charge £26.25 for the 907 cylinder and a further £35.50 for the gas.
That’s taking the pish

CampingGAZ Refill at a supermarket in France September 2019...

full.jpg

That's about £22 at today's exchange rate.

From a different angle ---

The Campingaz 907 cylinder is the largest size in the Campingaz range and holds 2.72kg of butane gas.
1 litre of butane weighs 0.573kg
2.72kg of butane = 4.747 litres
UK LPG price December 2019 = £0.638
4.747 litres of LPG (CampingGAZ refill quantity) = £3.03

Even allowing for filling, transport & storage costs someone must be raking it in where ever we buy it!

Last edited:
Carrefour supermarket in France in November 2019 for a 907 refill was €21.90 (about £19).

Carrefour supermarket in France in November 2019 for a 907 refill was €21.90 (about £19).

Looks as if it came down in price once the holiday season was over as I never found it that low in the Summer and I did try hard!

I have paid £35 for my 1st 907 bottle, £15 for the 907 and £20 deposit for the cylinder, went again for the refill only paid £15 for a new 907 bottle

A bit too far away from me but it does show how much others must be making!

The Gaslow system looks interesting but the bottles apparently have a 10 year life so will need replacing (probably based on the manufacturer's warranty) Gaslow R67 11kg Refillable Cylinder No.1. Gaslow offers a discount for a replacement and a search on other forums suggests this may be 20-50%. Another cost to factor is that there are 3 other Autogas adapters depending on the country and these seem to be £12-22 each. Filling Abroad.
I guess the payback of investing in Gaslow will be different for each user, but thought I would throw this into the equation.

My Gaslow hardware, cylinder/filler hose/regulator/bbq take off, was around £200. Then you’ve got fitting which will depend on your circumstances.

The Gaslow system looks interesting but the bottles apparently have a 10 year life so will need replacing (probably based on the manufacturer's warranty) Gaslow R67 11kg Refillable Cylinder No.1. Gaslow offers a discount for a replacement and a search on other forums suggests this may be 20-50%. Another cost to factor is that there are 3 other Autogas adapters depending on the country and these seem to be £12-22 each. Filling Abroad.
I guess the payback of investing in Gaslow will be different for each user, but thought I would throw this into the equation.
Agreed, ROI will be different for individual users. We spend around 4-5 months a year in the van, so get through a fair amount of gas. Especially in summer when we are bbqing every day.

When I read about them on here, I looked into Gaslow and noted that you potentially needed extra stuff for use in Europe . At first I was
interested but then realised that I might also have to shell out almost the same amount again to buy a new gas locker if my understanding of what the website says about their 2.7Kg bottle is correct:

'The cylinder is the same size as the Camping Gaz 907 with its regulator fitted.
(Note: This cylinder will not fit in a 340mm high compliant gas locker due to the lip on front of the locker)'

It's something that I'll look further into next year.

When I read about them on here, I looked into Gaslow and noted that you potentially needed extra stuff for use in Europe . At first I was
interested but then realised that I might also have to shell out almost the same amount again to buy a new gas locker if my understanding of what the website says about their 2.7Kg bottle is correct:

'The cylinder is the same size as the Camping Gaz 907 with its regulator fitted.
(Note: This cylinder will not fit in a 340mm high compliant gas locker due to the lip on front of the locker)'

It's something that I'll look further into next year.
The Euro adapters vary from country to country. The complete set of 3 is about £30 iirc. But you don’t have to buy the whole set, just the one for the country(‘s) that you are visiting. Individually they’re about £12 iirc.

...and noted that you potentially needed extra stuff for use in Europe .

The Euro adapters vary from country to country... But you don’t have to buy the whole set, just the one for the country(‘s) that you are visiting...

If only there was a way all the different countries in Europe could get together on policy and trade, like some sort of union. They could call it the 'European Union' or something.

I just bought a 907 refill at Gooutdoors, they charge 34.99 for members (£5 for membership) and you get a further 10% discount if you are a camping and caravan club member.

Back