Campervan Lithium power bank HUGE explosion, please be vigilant!

Sorry for the late reply but I have been on holiday in France, now back and in quarantine here in the UK.

In answer to your question a full examination of units was carried out by the company and they found issues that they could improve on and have instigated this setting up a team to carry out a full investigation, its not in their interest to have faulty goods going out. I'm not a vindictive person so as they were making best efforts and shared the investigation report I agreed to remove the video, it was a tough call as it could have done damage to their company, as for a replacement the unit was under warranty so there were no issues, I was offered a repayment or my money back, I decided to get a refund, not only that I had 3 other of their products again all under warranty and they offered to refund them as well if we so wished, they arranged for those to be returned and refunded me, it was my wife's choice not to keep them, for me safety is paramount and the incident did throw that little bit of doubt which my wife was not happy with.

All in all the company kept up great communication and took the matter seriously, I could have made a big thing about it but I didn't, what I did want to do was warn others to be vigilant which I did my best to do as in sharing it with you guys. So if you do have one of these just be careful, that goes with any lithium battery, they store a hell of a lot of energy and you have seen what can happen if tings do go wrong, so treat them with respect and have a back up plan just in case re dealing with any incident, I had a fire blanket I had never used in 20yrs that happened to be just by my door, well it did its job and extinguished the fire, never ever used one before, just NEVER throw water on a lithium battery fire.

I hope that answers your question, all the best,

I can understand why you feel that taking down the video gives the company a chance to make the corrections but there is no guarantee they will or that they are the only supplier who is affected by this issue.
The matter should be reported to Trading Standards who can make an expert decision on what needs to be done to protect the consumer and monitor trends.

@Johns why not leave up the video but remove any mention of the brand/company so people can see how dangerous these things can be?

Hi Johns,
I hope you don’t mind me asking how you got on in the end?
sounds a nasty business...

Back