Cambelt + Water Pump Replacement - Official guidance

Good evening,

New member here.
I like ask if anyone recommends good Vw garage where I can get cam belt and water pump changed around Nottinghamshire area. My vehicle is T6 shuttle 65plate.
Many thanks

Think I might have just got steal of the week. Cambelt, water pump, auxiliary belt (All VW parts) plus brake fluid change for £363 inc VAT. 4 Years old 21K miles. On inspection the old belt was in perfect order no splits or signs of wear. Peace of mind as you can't inspect it without removing. :)

Think I might have just got steal of the week. Cambelt, water pump, auxiliary belt (All VW parts) plus brake fluid change for £363 inc VAT. 4 Years old 21K miles. On inspection the old belt was in perfect order no splits or signs of wear. Peace of mind as you can't inspect it without removing. :)
You can inspect it without removing, that is the procedure in the European market, cambelt inspection is included in the service. The top cover is very easily removed.

Hi

Where was this?

So been quoted £350 to do cambelt and water pump by the local garage with pattern parts.
or £550 vw main dealers.
Mechanic swears the pattern parts are good.
What's ya thoughts.

So been quoted £350 to do cambelt and water pump by the local garage with pattern parts.
or £550 vw main dealers.
Mechanic swears the pattern parts are good.
What's ya thoughts.
if the parts were as good as genuine why wouldn’t vw use them and make more profit ( being harsh pattern = bin fodder

Just had a quote from Listers VW (Droitwich):
Cambelt replacement £426 inc.
Cambelt & water pump £570 inc.

I have this work being carried out next week for me by my local garage in Warwick. £490 all in, with genuine parts.
I was previously quoted £780 by my local Listers.

Starting to get some quotes and finding there is quite a variance in pricing. Mine is coming due now.
I'm based in Cheltenham so am looking locally.
For cam belt and water pump:
360 Automotive has quoted £495, genuine OE parts stated
PSC Automotive £543, no clear statement on parts but the strong suggestion is VW OE
Auditechnik £399, genuine VW OE parts stated.

Always make sure you physically see the oe parts is my advice a invoice means nothing

Had the van serviced today at a main dealer as part of a service plan and they only went and replaced the cam belt as part of a “campaign“.

I asked if they did the water pump at the same time as was told no as it’s more work but the focus was on the belt manufacturer, unless there are obvious signs the water pump needs doing. But this would be chargable.

”So when do I need to get the water pump done?” “Not until the next service sir” “But that’s not for another 2 years” “You’ll be fine sir.”

He assured me there’s fleet vans out there running longer with high mileage before their done ¯\_(ツ)_/¯️

Only thing they did get me for was a split egr hose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯️

Van is a 66 plate on 25,500miles BTW.
Any more info on that campaign? Was it a particular cambelt maker or build issue? How can I use it ?

I’m just about to call the dealer about my 17 plate cam belt change. Reading the threads I also need the water pump doing. I have an extended warranty & I have to have it serviced ‘in accordance with ya da ya da ya da’

MOT Due as well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just had a quote from Listers VW (Droitwich):
Cambelt replacement £426 inc.
Cambelt & water pump £570 inc.
Excellent. I’m at Listers coventry so if that price changes upwards there’ll be words. Unless it’s cheaper

Back