Cab heater only blowing cold air

I’ve been following another thread with regards to my t6.1 and the heater being stuck at the same temperature right across the dial and a little cooler when the ac switched on (but still warm). Stumbled across this thread and it seems to me that this is going to be the same issue. Mines booked in Monday under warranty. How did you access to take the initial pic also. Have VW indicated how long the repair takes?
Take the black panel out at bottom of dash above the pedals, look up towards the heater controls.

Thanks @Tony P and @Niknak I’ll have a look, it’s in under warranty Monday, but if it’s gone after only 3000 miles, then what’s to say it won’t happen again. Nobody likes getting the runaround from dealerships, always good to have a general idea what it is and if it’s less hassle than taking in, I’ll attempt myself. In this instance, it’s warranty job. Cheers

Thanks @Tony P and @Niknak I’ll have a look, it’s in under warranty Monday, but if it’s gone after only 3000 miles, then what’s to say it won’t happen again. Nobody likes getting the runaround from dealerships, always good to have a general idea what it is and if it’s less hassle than taking in, I’ll attempt myself. In this instance, it’s warranty job. Cheers
Hope it’s sorted soon.
Had to do mine myself as it was out of warranty by 3months otherwise they would have been getting it back ;-)

Niknak from this forum found out the problem with mine, top bloke.
I had to buy the heater Matrix to get the part which was used as a pattern to 3D print a stronger modified version.
It took a good 5-6 hrs to take off and re-fit from under the dash.
I’m of the same opinion as you with regards to VW.
Hopefully they will all break before warranty’s are over then they might do something about it as must cost the dealerships a fortune.

View attachment 111789

View attachment 111790
Hi Tony P, would you consider 3D printing me 1 so I have a spare? I will obviously cross your palms with silver.

Hi Harrison I have some done already if you want to call me on 07880620367

Sorry Harrison I thought I had replied already, if you contact me on 07880620367 we can sort it as have some already done.

I had to buy the heater Matrix to get the part which was used as a pattern to 3D print a stronger modified version.
Hopefully they will all break before warranty’s are over then they might do something about it as must cost the dealerships a fortune.

View attachment 111789

View attachment 111790
[/QU

View attachment 111789

View attachment 111790
hi. My 2016 T6 has same issue. The plastic arm has broken. Also the centre air vents are not blowing any air despite vents are clearly open. What is the order part number to call vw to get a new white actuator arm? Can any one give a clue as to why there isn’t any air coming out the centre vents? Matrix box broken? How do you get that out?

hi. My 2016 T6 has same issue. The plastic arm has broken. Also the centre air vents are not blowing any air despite vents are clearly open. What is the order part number to call vw to get a new white actuator arm? Can any one give a clue as to why there isn’t any air coming out the centre vents? Matrix box broken? How do you get that out?
There is no vw part number for the quadrant if you want it from vw it’s a vent flap assembly

I can help you out with the white plastic arm replacement , see pics above to make sure it’s the same part. VW don’t sell these separately and there’s no part no.
I also have the heater box if needed.

There is no vw part number for the quadrant if you want it from vw it’s a vent flap assembly
Thank you, is there a different source other than VW for this part that seems to break a lot, second one so far, first was under warranty.

thanks for the help

Hi Phil if you contact me on 07880620367 we can exchange details etc.
It’s £30 with postage that has to be signed for.

Fixed thanks to Tony's 3D printed part. Not the easiest jobs to do but better than paying VW for another substandard part.

Parts required:

- 5mm spanner
- 5mm socket
- Wife (smaller hands)

I also removed the clocks as it makes it possible to get above the difficult to remove 2nd screw.

Fixed thanks to Tony's 3D printed part. Not the easiest jobs to do but better than paying VW for another substandard part.

Parts required:

- 5mm spanner
- 5mm socket
- Wife (smaller hands)

I also removed the clocks as it makes it possible to get above the difficult to remove 2nd screw.
Nice one Phil, glad it’s all sorted

Tony, are you still doing these plastic parts? I believe mine has gone today so looking to replace once I’ve diagnosed tomorrow.

Back