Cab heater only blowing cold air

Hi Forrest thanks for your reply looks like I have the same diagnosis
Getting a second opinion tomorrow.
Thanks again.

@Tony P
If it’s not a warranty job and you are feeling practical how about repairing the arm rather than replacing whole components? Possible a case of freeing up sticky / seized flaps and refitting or repairing the arm.
Not sure if this video and forum link are relevant.

@Tony P
If it’s not a warranty job and you are feeling practical how about repairing the arm rather than replacing whole components? Possible a case of freeing up sticky / seized flaps and refitting or repairing the arm.
Not sure if this video and forum link are relevant.
Hi DXX thanks for reply, mine doesn’t look like that and not as accessible, the problem is higher up behind dash.
Didn’t make it clear on post, it’s got an error when computer plugged in saying about flap/ valve not opening.
Mechanic said it needs a new unit .
Thanks for your help, sorry to be so vague.

Hi tony, nice to meet you glad we got to the bottom of the heater problem tonight, just got to locate the right parts, will keep you posted

Hi Nick good to meet you too and thanks for finding the fault, and sparing your time. speak soon.

Hi Forrest, Niknak from the forum came around and narrowed it down to to a broken plastic arm on the unit that opens the flap for the hot air.
Have moved it to hot position manually.
He’s a top bloke and very helpful

6CBBB708-DB03-49FD-8D89-176CCC4D69B0.jpeg

no mate this bit in white wouldnt move with controls,so just gave it a bit of gentle persuasion
its stuck on hot now so needs looking at a bit further

heater.jpeg

Last edited:
The bit I circled should look like attached pic, it’s interesting that yours is the same problem in a different area.
The centre part on mine where it attaches to the solenoid has detached from the rest of it!

E66A3A19-6E43-4F97-9E4F-61C47B0196FA.jpeg

Hi all been looking at this thread as mine has done the same
Coming back from Scotland in -2.5 deg with no heat was no fun
Did the quick fix today and now have heat
Has anyone managed to fix this problem properly?
would imagine I’ll have the opposite issue when things warm up again and need the cold air instead
Cheers lads great forum

Back