Cab heater only blowing cold air

Hi orrestnoodle the offending bit on mine has snapped pic attached, in the process of having it 3D printed with a few amendments to make it stronger. (That’s if it’s ok to do so on this site)
Will be having a few more made to sell onto anyone with the same problem if that helps.

A3EA8FA0-087E-43B0-A9BE-DC97EFED5C35.jpeg

0EEF5446-7F34-4340-AE36-206596CBAE98.jpeg

Hi all been looking at this thread as mine has done the same
Coming back from Scotland in -2.5 deg with no heat was no fun
Did the quick fix today and now have heat
Has anyone managed to fix this problem properly?
would imagine I’ll have the opposite issue when things warm up again and need the cold air instead
Cheers lads great forum
Hi does anyone know where I can buy the white plastic heater control arm T6 2017
Lee stanawayl66@gmaol.com
Mine has snapped

Hi, I have just discovered my T6.1 has the same problem. The small plastic arm has broken so no heat controls. Did you manage to source a new part?06092900-80A5-4E3D-9AFC-05ED4F00E93C.jpeg

Hi orrestnoodle the offending bit on mine has snapped pic attached, in the process of having it 3D printed with a few amendments to make it stronger. (That’s if it’s ok to do so on this site)
Will be having a few more made to sell onto anyone with the same problem if that helps.

View attachment 98099

View attachment 98100
Hi, did you get this problem sorted? My T6.1 has the same problem. Wonder if the T6 & t6.1 are common parts?

Hi, I have just discovered my T6.1 has the same problem. The small plastic arm has broken so no heat controls. Did you manage to source a new part?View attachment 111442
Hi Harrison surely if it’s a 6.1 it’s still under Warranty! I would say it’s different to the 6 as I know the main dealer where I got mine from had to take the whole dash out and replace it as spares weren’t available at the time!
You’re talking loads of money so let them pay for it if it’s under warranty.
Let me know how you get on and if you need the part and it’s the same let me know

Update - the small broken arm doesn’t come on the control motor. It comes as part of the heater box. This means you cannot repair or replace without removing the dash. Basically it’s a huge warranty job so I’m now in the lap of VW. Hopefully it will get sorted soon.
I’ve had transporters for 10 years now and the T6.1 of by far the worse quality. VW need to sort them out & fast or risk loose loyal customers.

Niknak from this forum found out the problem with mine, top bloke.
I had to buy the heater Matrix to get the part which was used as a pattern to 3D print a stronger modified version.
It took a good 5-6 hrs to take off and re-fit from under the dash.
I’m of the same opinion as you with regards to VW.
Hopefully they will all break before warranty’s are over then they might do something about it as must cost the dealerships a fortune.

E4E2210E-C29E-4EF4-92FD-AE80A990CC52.jpeg

F4566907-F545-492C-BCFC-D96345BDF341.jpeg

Hi nick yeh, I was looking for your contact details but couldn’t find them.
If you’re working come around after and pick one up. I will be home 5.30

Update - the small broken arm doesn’t come on the control motor. It comes as part of the heater box. This means you cannot repair or replace without removing the dash. Basically it’s a huge warranty job so I’m now in the lap of VW. Hopefully it will get sorted soon.
I’ve had transporters for 10 years now and the T6.1 of by far the worse quality. VW need to sort them out & fast or risk loose loyal customers.
I’ve been following another thread with regards to my t6.1 and the heater being stuck at the same temperature right across the dial and a little cooler when the ac switched on (but still warm). Stumbled across this thread and it seems to me that this is going to be the same issue. Mines booked in Monday under warranty. How did you access to take the initial pic also. Have VW indicated how long the repair takes?

I’ve been following another thread with regards to my t6.1 and the heater being stuck at the same temperature right across the dial and a little cooler when the ac switched on (but still warm). Stumbled across this thread and it seems to me that this is going to be the same issue. Mines booked in Monday under warranty. How did you access to take the initial pic also. Have VW indicated how long the repair takes?
It will be dash off to replace the heater unit fingers crossed they put it all back right no rattles after, think Tony’s done a brilliant job researching and getting these made I’m sure people would be queuing up

Back