Busfest 6-8 September 2019

Filled up with diesel, ready for Busfest
Filled the LPG tank with gas, ready for Busfest
Washed the wheels, ready for Busfest
Washed the bodywork, ready for Busfest
Waxed the bodywork, ready for Busfest
Hoovered the interior of enough sand to fill a small beach, after 2 weeks holidaying in Cornwall / Devon / Wales, ready for Busfest
Loaded up the fridge with beer, ready for Busfest
Put 1 small bottle of wine (for the wife) in the fridge, ready for Busfest
Filled the remaining space in the fridge with food, ready for Busfest
Put a bag of clothes for 3 of us in the van, ready for Busfest
Printed off my E tickets and put them in the van, ready for Busfest
Checked the weather for Malvern on Sat / Sun - looking good @ 18 degrees / 95% chance of no rain, ready for Busfest
Told the young 'un to look sharp and don't dilly dally when leaving school at 1510hrs tomorrow, ready for Busfest
Pre booked a PM 1/2 day off from work so I can leave Derbyshire and travel south as soon as the little person finishes school, ready for Busfest

I think I'm ready for Busfest...

Last edited:
Hoovered the interior of enough sand to fill a small beach, after 2 weeks holidaying in Cornwall / Devon / Wales, ready for Busfest
Checked the weather for Malvern on Sat / Sun - looking good @ 18 degrees / 95% chance of no rain, ready for Busfest
Told the young 'un to look sharp and dont dilly dally when leaving school at 1510hrs tomorrow, ready for Busfest
Pre booked a PM 1/2 day off from work so I can leave Derbyshire and travel south as soon as the little person finishes school, ready for Busfest

Forgot to add:
Put the gas cylinder, collected from @Salty Spuds for @Ed Webb into the van, ready for Busfest

Told the young 'un to look sharp and dont dilly dally when leaving school at 1510hrs tomorrow, ready for Busfest

You’ll get halfway there and remember what you have forgotten, and then realise you weren’t quite so ready for Busfest!

Have you got polishing cloths and rapid detailing spray, since your van will be minging with bugs and general kak by the time you get there?

You’ll get halfway there and remember what you have forgotten, and then realise you weren’t quite so ready for Busfest!

Have you got polishing cloths and rapid detailing spray, since your van will be minging with bugs and general kak by the time you get there?

Yes - lives in the van all the time.
:)

Credit card???

Gents,
When talking about goods and services bought for the T6, in front of the other halfs, are we applying the 50% rule?
Please say we are, as the Mrs only gets told that things are roughly 1/2 the price I paid!!
Even then, she still tells me I paid too much.

Told the young 'un to look sharp and don't dilly dally when leaving school at 1510hrs tomorrow, ready for Busfest

Toilet wipes and tissues may come in handy

Gents,
When talking about goods and services bought for the T6, in front of the other halfs, are we applying the 50% rule?
Please say we are, as the Mrs only gets told that things are roughly 1/2 the price I paid!!
Repeat after me....” it was on offer at £29.99”
” it was on offer at £29.99” ” it was on offer at £29.99” ” it was on offer at £29.99”

I didn't forget your name is Mark, Mark, and i'm a couple of years older than Mar:rofl::rofl::rofl:k mate. It's more about respect, I make a point of knowing peoples real names, and birthdays. You will be missed Mark, I was looking forward to seeing the van on So-Lows again :confused:

I'm poo with names and dates....the only names I tend to remember are people that bug me....isn't that right paul :rofl:

Monies are never discussed..how much isn't in this forum event....
You want to know the answer to these questions you have to research.

Gents,

As @Ed Webb 's signature states ... "When discussing cool van stuff around the firepit, all prices should be 50% off the actual when the other half is around, especially if I have it or want it.:thumbsup:"

Van is loaded. Well; when I say loaded I mean I looked at the camping kit shelves in the garage grabbed handfuls of stuff, lobbed it in the back, and am just hoping that’ll do. No time to sort it all out, won’t get home till around 18:00 tomorrow then got a nightmare journey to try and miss Brum on a Friday evening! Joy!

I thought you were down at Banbury, why would you go anywhere near Brum on the way to Malvern... unless of course that's irrelevant and I'm simply panicking out loud at the thought of being completely out of my comfort zone stuck in a cross between Burning Man and the Chelsea Flower show... what if the bogs are overflowing, will my battery go flat, how tight are Tenna pants and can you wear the same pair for three days if you don't drink a lot?

OTOH, things will be calmer in the morning (if I ever get to sleep) I'll give the camper a spit wash and select suitable attire from the floordrobe, one final wee each and then off to Malvern showground, what could possibly go wrong?

I thought you were down at Banbury, why would you go anywhere near Brum on the way to Malvern... unless of course that's irrelevant and I'm simply panicking out loud at the thought of being completely out of my comfort zone stuck in a cross between Burning Man and the Chelsea Flower show... what if the bogs are overflowing, will my battery go flat, how tight are Tenna pants and can you wear the same pair for three days if you don't drink a lot?

OTOH, things will be calmer in the morning (if I ever get to sleep) I'll give the camper a spit wash and select suitable attire from the floordrobe, one final wee each and then off to Malvern showground, what could possibly go wrong?
Because m40/m42/m5 is the quickest option - normally. So M42 on the south side of Brum is rubbish on a Friday evening. Therefore i’ll head cross country which will take half an hour just to get from one side of Banbury to the other, and I am on the opposite side of Banbury to Malvern.

Back