Brakes (lipped) query

Not sure i would bother with discs at that mileage but like you said that doesnt seem like a bad price ?

Mileage seem ok to me. It’s a job any tyre/brake shop could do so you could ring around. Prices are different up and down the country
Thanks, I think I was just expecting the discs to last considerably more than the pads.

Yep - appreciate it's a job any garage can do - I phoned another garage - still awaiting a price back, but know it would likely to be North of the price given. Just the usual, you go in for thinking it's a job for a price that doesn't hurt, but ends up a bigger job and a price that does hurt a little when not expecting it!

Discs will lip as soon as you use them and the lip will get bigger and bigger with use
There is defined limits for width of discs that state the max wear before they require changing but i doubt many (if any) garages would actually bother measuring them

I would normally do 2 sets of pads before changing the discs

Just picked Van up - and worryingly 'Brake Wear' light has come on again.... Hmmm - assume light should clearly instantly?

When I collected the Garage told me front have at least 6 months wear in them - it was up on ramp so they must have had a good look at fronts - I'm sure if they were anywhere near waring they'd have advised.

So now all sorts of thoughts - is it simply faulty sensor - if so did backs really need doing, but at 41k I'm hoping all is genuine.

If it is a faulty sensor how complex & costly a job is this!?

Brake pad wear indication renews with replacement pads i.e the new pads have the wear indicators built into them, just needs connecting up to the wiring on the van.
Only one pad on each side (at the front) has the wear indicator on it.
I don't recall the rear pads having a wire on them, may just be a 'squealer' that touches the disc and 'squeals' when they get low.

Back